Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just really a "big up", not much more. Jamie at Alfa Workshop is a legend. Really nice guy, knows his stuff inside out, hugely informative and excellent communication.....

The 159 went in for a 54K service at 50K. Was told pretty promptly by phone after I had left that the vibration I had reported at higher speeds was a wheel imbalance, but also I had excessive tyre wear on one of the tyres. Also, it had a slight pull to the left, which he said he would do with a wheel alignment. Was then told the big one....rear brake discs and pads shot, so the bill kept creeping higher and higher.

But, I said to go ahead with the work, but got to try and keep it cheap as we have a very imminent birth and money is a little tighter than normal. Jamie was a a star...suggested they move the tyres around so the bad one was at the back and the two even wear ones moved to the front, so I can replace them myself at a later date (soon!!!) and saves me the cost of a tyre or two. The work was then done promptly and came in at about £50 under his quote on the phone.

With new discs, the steering and wheel alignment done and the service sorted, the car runs like a new machine. Its so much more responsive. Told me he had set the geo up as that of the Brera S......if the Brera S feels like this, then I would have one at the drop of the hat....if it wasn't for imminent baby of course..... :)

Top bloke, top garage, couldn't wish for more and what a find he has been....and local too! Been there a couple of times.....he and his guys are definitely going to be having my custom in the future!!!

·
Vendor
45,823 Posts
Jamie is a good guy, he is my friend on Facebook :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts