Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duncan Slade of Bristol, changed the cambelt, tensioners and idlers on my 156 V6 today, found out which ever idiots did it at 66K (now on 106K) did not do it properly, it was two teeth out on the rear cam one on the front, and from the markings the proper tools were not used! Also one of the pullers was badly worn, looked like the belt could have easily come off, glad i decided to get it done early, now runs like a dream! :)

Also found out that my car does not need the large amount of work i thought it did, just the usual niggles so nice to be reassured, any body need work done in the Brstol area i cannot recommend Ducan enough, he really doe know his stuff. :thumbs:

Nick

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Just outside Bristol in the Chew Valley ;), I have used the guy at Somerton and Autolusso in Bournemouth so just needed somone closer for the oil changes and the unplanned work ;)

Is it a proper garage or someone working from home?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a proper garage although he is a one man band, he's got a good rep on here and last week was the first time i've used him. Did me cambelt in a fairly quick time, lent me a car to use while he had mine and hugly knowlagable!! He'll be doing my front suspension in the next couple of weeks, hopefully the bits and peics i need doing before BIAMF aswel :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts