Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes I know not everyone prefers AutoGlym but I quite like them and now I've got a number of their products and I do intend to use them a lot I was looking at buying some bigger bulks to save money in the long run and replace less.

I want to know if anyone knows of the bigger bulks available for different products and trying to get a list together, it might help others save money in the long run too.

The products I'm using and would like to get bulks for are (bulk alternatives are welcome too if they do a similar thing but better):

Aqua Wax - Known as Express Wax can be had in 5 litres £35 - £40

Super Resin Polish - Need help

Extra Gloss Protection - Need help

Bumper & Trim Gel - Need Help

Rapid Detailer - Known as Fast Shine & Lube can be had in 5 litres - Can be used for lube during claying £30 - £40

Fast Glass - Known as Glass Cleaner can be had in 5 litres £35 - £40

If you know what the bulk version of any listed are please contribute and I can update the OP with the list. If any are mistakes I've put up let me know and if you want to add a Autoglym product to the list to find out if there is a bigger version just post it to the thread.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If I ever catch the autoglym rep ill ask for you. The only autoglym product I still use is the aqua wax, smells yummy and works great as a wax top up.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, I've just washed and used the aquawax its smell is delicious, its weird saying that but it is :p

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
You shouldn't really need bulk versions of SRP or EGP and I have never seen bulk versions.

There is an inferior version of Instant Tyre Dressing available in bulk (has no silicon and therefore doesn't stick) but also a brilliant alternative that comes in a 5L can. It's in the garage and I can't look now but will tomorrow.

The only other product I buy in bulk is ZipWax shampoo. 5L

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think the EGP is Liquid Hard Wax. Again, think SRP is Superglym. If you have a large collection of cars it can make a lot of sense to buy these in bulk but even a small bottle of EGP should last several years if used on one car

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't sure they would have the SRP & EGP in big bulk as they actually last a long time anyway. Thanks I'll add the tyre dressings in if I can find links to the products.

I was wondering why on earth would they phase that out of there common retail range its the best thing I have out of all the other stuff I've bought of theirs, unless they are replacing it with a better up and comming formula, but then I realised the retail version I have was actually 500ml so I'm glad they are still producing the 5l version now that I know I will be using it alot.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I wasn't sure they would have the SRP & EGP in big bulk as they actually last a long time anyway. Thanks I'll add the tyre dressings in if I can find links to the products.

I was wondering why on earth would they phase that out of there common retail range its the best thing I have out of all the other stuff I've bought of theirs, unless they are replacing it with a better up and comming formula, but then I realised the retail version I have was actually 500ml so I'm glad they are still producing the 5l version now that I know I will be using it alot.
5 litres of EGP? That would last me a at least a decade

·
Registered
280 Posts
FWIW I got 5 litres of 'express wax' (=aqua wax) over the counter at Allwoods in Newark for about £28. They had to order it but it was there in a couple of days. I'll be back to talk to them about bulk 'fast glass', and they carry the shampoo and conditioner 5l in stock.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
i've a mate who cleans his two car every week and i usually sell him 5quid fill ups on his aquawax. he's happy getting it half price and he pays for my 2.5 litres over time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts