Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the 166 is back in the garage to check on new engine noise, I decided to get another car...So there it is , a 2001 BMW 740IL...yep I went all the way...And I am enjoying a smooth,powerfull and near silent ride every time I drive the car...........No worries, the 166 is staying, and will have an easier life once it's sorted............:thumbs:

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
While the 166 is back in the garage to check on new engine noise,....:thumbs:
That's the benefit of being ,according to me slightly hard of hearing,BUT according to the rest stone deaf,....I only discover the odd noise when it exceeds the blowing exhaust.

Garages dont need to investigate for me Dafi...when I detect it it is manifestly obvious.

Pomeo

·
Vendor
46,644 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back?

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
My brother used to own a 740iL. It was indeed a very fine and smooth, powerfull car. What surprised me the most back then was that despite its size it never felt like a large car.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
What do you think of it compared to the 166? I was in one a few months ago, i wasnt as comfortable and its just too smooth, i didnt like it...........shame as i use to love the big 7 untill i went in one!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you think of it compared to the 166? I was in one a few months ago, i wasnt as comfortable and its just too smooth, i didnt like it...........shame as i use to love the big 7 untill i went in one!
I drive it like the 166 despite the diff in size...I beat a Golf GTI on twisty mountain roads the other day ..easy job...It has the sport package and DSC so it's very stable and uphill,nothing like a V8................:lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My brother used to own a 740iL. It was indeed a very fine and smooth, powerfull car. What surprised me the most back then was that despite its size it never felt like a large car.
This is when the term [ shrinks around u] comes true....It feels no bigger than the 166...
although there is 34 cms diff in size....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it more fun then a 166?
Different, but fun factor is higher in 166...deffinitely...But I'm surprised at how agile the 740 is...but beware of switching off the DSC....bang in the wall....without it has no traction round bends........:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts