Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
There was this article
“2020 starts in the worst possible way for Alfa Romeo in Italy. The sales figures for the first month of the year, in fact, confirm a new drop in deliveries which are much lower than the data collected in January of last year, a month already very negative for Alfa Romeo. During the first month of 2020, the Alfa Romeo brand registered a total of 1,798 units registered in Italy, recording a clear step back from the almost 2,500 units registered in January 2019.

The percentage drop made by Alfa Romeo in comparison with last year is equal to -27.35% with a market share that goes from 1.5% to just 1.16%. The result obtained by Alfa Romeo is significantly worse than the figure recorded by the entire Italian auto market in January 2020 which records a drop of 5.6% compared to the results obtained in January of last year.

It should be noted that compared to January 2018, or just two years ago, Alfa Romeo sold almost 3 thousand units less confirming an extremely difficult situation for a brand that needs, as soon as possible, a clear turnaround to return to grow and be able to look more confidently towards its future.”

Moves you to tears?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
No new C segment car - no sales…

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw something on Facebook, think it was literally just a new advert featuring Kimi Raikkonen for the 2020 Giulia and Stelvio!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Cue2 if the figures for Italy are that bad what ever were they for Europe as a whole? And yes it moves one to tears rather than "letting beauty move you" as per the op's title

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
I was chatting with our neighbour opposite who’s got the enormous Tesla with the falcon doors and realising how fast things are moving. I’ve got a guaranteed value on the Stelvio in 2 years of £21k plus on the 3 year pcp but I can see myself having to walk away because it’s not worth paying off the last bit and keeping it.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
I love the classic 'Alfa Romeo' script lettering. They used to use that on the back of older Alfas.
It's never like that on the main badge, but does get used a lot, and always has got used a lot, elsewhere. Sill plates, engine cover, within the dash gauges etc all spring to mind on the Spider.

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
110 candles!

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Unusual number to celebrate. I guess they know that '125' might not happen.
Presumably the balloons and bunting will be out next year for the big '111', and any subsequent years after...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts