Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps, I have a few questions and I trust I can get some sound honest advice here.
The time has come to sell my sweetheart and I would like to do her proud by asking the right price for her ;P
She is a 2.5 V6 Lusso 2000 model with 90k on the clock. Here are some details:
Belts, water pump etc. done at 62k
New ICS installed
New MAF
Ragazzon exhaust

She has a few regular niggles like- aircon fan faulty, boot lock missing, faulty fuel gauge etc. nothing major.

Any ideas as to what a good price to ask? I have a set of Koni yellows and a rear brake kit to go with her as part of the package.
Is fleabay a good idea?

This is not an advert and I won't be selling here. I'm a useless salesman and this is more of a cry for help hehe.

·
Registered
788 Posts
No they dont' seem to realise much on Ebay,however you will find
you can list it immediately on line with photos uploaded on Autotrader
very cheaply and get good coverage,it cost me £32 last Jan.,and I
sold my 166 t/s in 24 hrs.
I would have a look at the prices being asked on Autotrader,and adjust yours accordingly,however the faults you mention are bound
to put some people off,you have to be realistic,so I suppose in the
region of £1500 -£1700 would be all that you could reasonably expect
IMO.

·
Registered
Alfa 145, Spider, Chrysler Delta
7,120 Posts
Colour and spec is important too, a met black with cream leather will do better than eg silver with cloth CD changer/sat nav package also help the sale along. It may be worth getting the boot badge and fan done as they are obvious haggling points, and I would sell the Konis and brakes separately on ebay, there may be a few on here interested, like me :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yes purple has made some good valid points,I think getting the
c/control fan done is a must,boot badge is a doddle,whole assemblies
turn up on E bay around £15.,as for your parts as he rightly says
Ebay them ,always lots of interest for 166 parts !

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
in the
region of £1500 -£1700 would be all that you could reasonably expect
IMO.
About right. I found Ebay a good selling tool in the past ! Set a reasonable starting price (not too high or low). If it's too low it doesn't bid up to the level you want, if it starts too high you'll have no interest.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Tough one this. The fact is with those niggles you will do well to sell at anything like a good price. I think £1500 is optimistic IMHO. Try to sort as much as you can, sell the spares separate and best of luck. :)

·
Vendor
46,802 Posts
Try Darren156, he wants one! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts