Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stelvio owner here (posting on the Giulia forum as the Xenon lights are the same I believe).

I've had the car for a week now but only tonight drove it in pitch black conditions in the countryside.
I noticed that the Xenon head lights cast their beams too close to the car - basically too dipped. As a consequence I was unable to drive at more than 30 mph as I couldn't see anything further up the road unless I used the high beams.

In the manual it says that, as the lights are Xenon, they do not have an adjustment control and they requite an "automatic alignment correction system". I can't see any controls to do that.
Is this something that the dealer does?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
not sure about the stelvio, but on the giulia only the 35W xenon have automatic levelling....
This is a fully automatic system that keeps the lights level regardless of load.
The lower output xenon (and halogen) uses manual adjustment, with the wheel near the light switch.

Other then that, the lights can be adjusted by the dealer for the correct zero position

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure about the stelvio, but on the giulia only the 35W xenon have automatic levelling....
This is a fully automatic system that keeps the lights level regardless of load.
The lower output xenon (and halogen) uses manual adjustment, with the wheel near the light switch.

Other then that, the lights can be adjusted by the dealer for the correct zero position
Thanks for your reply. Mine are indeed the 35W Bi-Xenons, so no adjustments from the cabin.
It sounds I need to take it to the dealer...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Did you definitely have the headlights on? Just asking as I see so many people driving aroubd at night with just daylight running lights on, thinking they've got their headlights on!
What position was the headlight dial in?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Did you definitely have the headlights on? Just asking as I see so many people driving aroubd at night with just daylight running lights on, thinking they've got their headlights on!
What position was the headlight dial in?
In the middle - on the Auto setting.

And it’s the same in the position one notch to the right.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just as a way of update, I’ve had this looked at by the dealer and the lights were indeed too low - caused by one of the mechanical adjusters being out of position.
Thames Motor rectified it in 20 minutes.
No charge under warranty. Happy days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts