Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a complete front suspension kit fitted to Alfa Gt and still hearing clunking knocking noise . I am now wondering do I need suspension shocks???. A tad bewildered. Any ideas of what the problem is??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, I have had the front anti roll bars done plus front top and bottom suspension arms done ,collected the car today and still knocking sound . any other thoughts??

·
Premium Member
76,987 Posts
I'm I changed my drops recently. Much improved - but lately a thumpy knock is coming from the front again. I'm guessing the arb bushes are as from the factory 100k miles ago.

Reckon that could be it? Sorry for hijack.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Most likely, easiest way to check, remove drop links (at least they will come off easily this time)and go for a little drive (don't do any mad cornering) if the noise is gone then thats the culprit

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks a mill for all replys
I think it was just drop links, you must forgive my ignorance but do not know much about car parts being female and hence needing help!! I thought the whole kit would sort out all noises, i have had drive shafts fitted also and i am wondering is this the fault. ???

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Would guess a 'clunking' type noise would most likely be arb, driveshafts would most likely be speed related and not the odd clunk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had clunking noise before all the work was carried out , was told it was front top arm, and when the drive shafts were put in these new noises appeared, so I am wondering now is it a shock as all the suspension have been repaired, well the front suspension!!! I will have to take it to another mechanic and perhaps the problem might be detected. Thanks for the comments!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My GT had same work done shortly before purchase all suspension done, however it knocked on uneven and rough roads, people on here pointed me to the ARB Bushes and 2 Powerflex bushes later I now have a car as quiet as a church mouse. I would check if yours were renewed, I'm betting they weren't and although its gonna cost you it will be your answer. Can't stop smiling when I drive mine now all I get is the creak of the leather it's great lol !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts