Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Sony Ericsson C902 for a few months and it's been fine. I updated the software on it via the SE site yesterday. Since then my Blue & Me has become useless due to a huge amount of static "chattering" audible both to me and the caller. Sony Ericsson couldn't give a monkeys about it basically saying it was my problem :rolleyes: . They also can't give me access to my previous software which worked. I have tried my old K800 with the Blue & Me and that works fine so it's definitely something in the C902 software update which has caused the problem and now I have a new phone which is no good with my B&M!

So the message is - if your phone is working with B&M, don't fiddle with it!
:mad:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried re-installing the firmware on the phone just to double check?
I'll try but I don't think I can as it's an automated service. The software looks at my phone and says "you are uptodate".
:rolleyes:

Nev said:
DavinciTeam - Welcome on our Site.....

These guys know it all about SE phones.
Thanks Nev. Will try them!
I couldn't believe the SE Support Desk. Incredibly rude!

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
At least it didn't stop working completely like the digi boxes...Rule of thumb is now Never update software.

Pomeo

·
Administrator
46,090 Posts
I have a Motorola v3, it has a handy set of phone tools on the computer which I would use occasionally. It auto-updated the other week to a version which doesn't support the v3 any more :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I updated the c902 firmware via the SE updater and other than losing all my personal stuff on the phone, it still works fine on B & M.

N

·
0 Posts
BTW you all know that you can back up the contacts to MemStick directly on the SE phones, yeah? ;)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I updated the c902 firmware via the SE updater and other than losing all my personal stuff on the phone, it still works fine on B & M.
Now that's interesting.
Can you see which version of firmware you are on please?
I'm on R3DA028.
Ta!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I've given the phone to Clare and reverted back to my k850i. The c902 is excellent is you have small, nimble, non arthritic hands whereas the 850's chunky design is better if you don't. I'll check later when Clare gets home:)

N

·
0 Posts
You don't need to tap a code to get the software version
anymore. It's in the Update Menu under Setting. ;)

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
special warning for unlocked iPhones ! do not update the software through iTunes ! your phone will be locked again and may turn into an iBrick !!!!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You don't need to tap a code to get the software version
anymore. It's in the Update Menu under Setting. ;)
That's a good addition Nev:cool:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Interesting indeed. The plot thickens.

Done week before last. Phone is on O2.

It's 1204-1731 R3CA033 080703.

Cheers,

Simon.

N

·
0 Posts
SonyEricsson SEUS software may put a different
version on your phone depending on the operator.

So a SIM free French phone I buy in France will
not get the same updates made available at the same time
as one bought in the UK for Voda or Orange.

Some versions are also actually network specific.

Only with something like Davinci's pay sevice can you put
any version you want at any time.

;)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting indeed. The plot thickens.

Done week before last. Phone is on O2.

It's 1204-1731 R3CA033 080703.

Cheers,

Simon.
Thanks Simon. I'd leave it on that if I was you. I've updated to a newer one (R3DA028) and that's where the problems started.

Even though the phone worked fine before the update, SE UK say it is nothing to do with them now it won't work. I explained that there is nothing in their information that says an upgrade will effect previously working Bluetooth devices and I only carried out the upgrade ON THEIR ADVICE to cure a camera problem. They said "tough". What a shower.
:rolleyes:
You can't go back with firmware either so I'm stuck and can only hope that the next upgrade resolves it. I asked the "customer services" bloke to at least pass on my complaint that their new upgrade has caused Bluetooth issues but I can just imagine he was sat there with a face that said "am I bovvered".

I've posted on Esato but no-one has an answer.

I'm using my trusty old K800 again and the new C902 is at the bottom of my drawer!
:eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts