Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid Gus a visit for a service today :D

New EGR and MAF fitted and a full service, all my Bella's bodily fluids and filters replaced and she goes like a stabbed rat :D

2nd and 3rd gear the power just keeps on comming she's close to sub 7 seconds 0-60 :D

Cheers Gus she's running like a dream after 86k :D

BTW that 156 Sele with 150k on the clock was a dream to drive :)

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,568 Posts
il race you :p

as i said on the way to Goodwood mate, it dont hang about :thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott's had a new clutch Q2 dif and a map before Oulton :)
He was thinking of getting rid till I turned him to the bright side of a mapped tractor :)

It would have been great if I'd have made Oulton because it would have been an original shoot out between me, Ghosty and Ode but Ghosty would have had the V6 with me and Ode in fast tractors :)

Round one was Croft with Ghosty in a 147 2.0 twinny, Ode in a 1.6 but better suspension mods and me in the Cup :)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Wrong way round dude ;) mine was the modded 1.6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice-what's it mapped to?
Fast ;)
Never asked Gus about BHP or had a rolling road test but having driven a standard v6 GTV at 220bhp the tractor isn't far off :)

il race you :p

as i said on the way to Goodwood mate, it dont hang about :thumbs:
You'll loose hands down till we hit 130 when the tractor runs out of puff :D

Wrong way round dude ;) mine was the modded 1.6
:eek: Borrocks :eek:

But it was a brilliant day :D

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,568 Posts
Karl why did you show that to me? :( :lol:

interesting to take on a 150bhp Saxo and a 200bhp Golf though ;)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Fast ;)
Never asked Gus about BHP or had a rolling road test but having driven a standard v6 GTV at 220bhp the tractor isn't far off :)
:thumbs:

Fast is always good, but I'm more interested in how it is in 'normal' conditions-starting off etc? I have mine mapped as well, but would be interested to hear how it might compare with others.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
:thumbs:

I was impressed with ode's map'd GT at Oulton last Thursday :D They go very well ;)
+1 - agreed! Smoked like a torpedoed battleship :lol: but there was precious little in it around a whole lap between that and Ghosty's GTA.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
+1 - agreed! Smoked like a torpedoed battleship :lol: but there was precious little in it around a whole lap between that and Ghosty's GTA.
In retrospect I think a lot of that might have been down to my brakes and the extra weight ;)

I was having to start braking before the cone to scrub off enough speed without warping my discs by braking late and hard.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
In retrospect I think a lot of that might have been down to my brakes and the extra weight ;)

I was having to start braking before the cone to scrub off enough speed without warping my discs by braking late and hard.

I'll vouch for the brakes going towards the end of the second session.

I hoped you wouldn't mention my weight!;):lol:

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
For easy identification of HM's stealth tractor, its Citroen Blue, belching soot, being driven by a scouser with a 'Benny from crossroads' accent..:lol:

ps, can confirm once its up and running with a full boiler of steam it is as fast as a stock V6 GTV until as HM says it runs out of puff....:)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts