Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps, a heads-up if you live in the SE and have ever used the Dartford River Crossing since the Toll Booths were dismantled.

I hardly ever head out that way but when we went on a Norfolk Broads weekend boating blag a couple of years ago, it seemed appropriate to use the crossing as an alternative to going clockwise round M25 to get to the A12.

Not a problem, sign up on line with a payment method and ANPR does the rest, debiting your account and sending emails to confirm job done. Simple and efficient and good news if you forget to pay after the event.

A couple of months ago, en route to Alfa ownership, I sold off my two old cars through a dealership. They dealt with all the DVLA stuff, unused Road Tax rebated, all good.

Then an email saying pay up for the river crossing you made or else. What?! I hadn't been near that part of the World for years and anyway the car in question isn't mine anymore.
Did you tell us you'd sold the vehicle asked the bloke on the other end of the phone? Er no. Well it's in the Ts&Cs so are you going to pay or what?
He didn't elaborate what the "Or What" might mean so I reckoned that the £2.50 was a small price to pay for some other soul to enjoy the view of the Thames, but he was right - buried deep in the multiple pages of Ts&Cs it is clear you have to delete your vehicle when sold from your Dartford Crossing account or possibly forevermore be charged for the new owner's crossings.
What isn't clear is what happens if the new owner registers the same vehicle as well? Who gets charged then?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
C
What isn't clear is what happens if the new owner registers the same vehicle as well? Who gets charged then?
He can only register it by setting up an account with his payment details, so you won't be affected.

We recently had two changes of car in the family, and I remembered to change the Dartford account. Thought I'd tell you that, just to make you feel sick.

Incidentally, they've finally abandoned the promise to do away with charges one day, after "deferring" the date multiple times. The other potential cost is: heading southbound as you enter the fifty limit for the bridge, there is an operative speed camera. Go on, ask me how I know.

·
Registered
32,289 Posts
I had two cars with registration data on the Dart account but since I retired I’ve changed to one of the two current cars replacing them set up. I save £36 a month now I’ve stopped doing the crossing five days a week, which is nice!
I did trade a Lancia in to the dealer in Chelsea at the time and forgot to send of the paperwork properly . The car became a service loan car with them and we got a couple of parking tickets in SW London before realising I should have told the DVLA.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Any new owner of a car will not be able to register it on their Dartcharge account until the previous owner has deleted it from their account.

Also, if anybody changes a DVLA registration for a personal registration, they will also need to update their Dartcharge account.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts