Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Washed the 33 this afternoon noticed the birdie jobbie on the roof yesterday!Only been on there a day and coudnt believe its burnt right through to the white primer under the black gloss(see pics!) Made a right mess god knows how im gonna sort it ANY IDEAS???? it looks like the top coat has melted and reset having shrunk to leave the white crack like marks expected maybe some surface discolouration as its always got a couple of coats of auto glym deep shine on the car but not my lucky day God knows wot the guy up the road is feeding his pidgeons!!!!!:cry::mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Acidulous things like birds**t are very harmful to the paint, plus high temperatures
are helping to accelerate the destructive process.
A spot paint repair could cover the paint damage, by "melting" the edge of the
new paint repair into the old paint finish.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is a big problem for me. We have a lot of seagulls nesting on roofs in the street, as we live near the sea, and apart from making a lot of noise they like to dive bomb my cars. I have a bucket of water and sponge in the garden so I can clean it off quickly. Fortunately I work from home so can keep an eye on the cars. A few hours can be enough to damage the paint.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I always carry a bottle of water in my car to rinse the poo off immediately if i can.
Otherwise yes it does leave a mark. Sometimes unavoidable though.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Just got my 159 stained like that last week... The topcoat had corroded!

Will try to polish it out later this week and see if it's only the top coat.

If not, it's a bonnet respray :mad:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
In my case i have parrots issue , the big size as few years ago someone lost his pair and they multiplied easily as i live near a water stream with lots of trees. They have the habbit of aiming my Sprint as it is white and the result is that the color varnish has peeled in the places that i wasn't fast enough to remove the poop.

You dont want any pics , you will cry.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts