Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CYtoday | IFRAME

:tut::tut::tut::tut::tut::tut::tut::tut::tut::tut::tut::tut:

Since also our main event is approaching and many will travel towards Nicosia, beware of the police with the radar pistol over the bridge!!! As he is signaling to other police men down the road to stop you. Usualy they have to show you on the gun how much speed you had reached when they stop you...not sure how legal this new system is...

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
I personally dont think its legal AT ALL :rant:

I wonder if you dont pay and go to court if their case will stand, since they dont have the radar gun to show you and prove to you how fast you were going. :tut:

This is an ambush !!! :mad:

Our police has managed ONCE AGAIN to stay one step in front of the rest of the thiefs ....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should actually refuse to accept the Police claim that you were speeding on the spot...

·
Registered
193 Posts
In Greece they are also obliged to reset the radar gun every 30 minutes or so, otherwise it jams and shows whatever it feels like... A friend of mine was stopped, they showed him the speed the radar has recorded and when he asked them when the reset it, they showed him the time stamp and it was 4 hour before. He refused to pay the fine, and they let him go. :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just asked a police man about this...he said that they are no oblidged by law to show the pistol reading to anyone... :/ if you refuse that you were speeding then you go to court and you will have against you the testimony of two policemen...the ine that booked toy and the one that was operating the radar pistol...

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
by the way i's been some time that I've seen them doing this onthe GSP new roundabout and on Garlsberg exit new brige

·
Registered
893 Posts
Keep in mind that last week have seen one of them halfway between the new GSZ round-about and Lidl in Latsia area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts