Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing remarkable about this - loads of them still around even if the estate is a bit rarer. OK, this one looks scabby and it's worse from the side and underneath. Who cares? It's a really easy car to fix.

Except this one is special according to the company looking at it (but I can't verify).

Guessing game: What's this particular car's claim to fame?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope.

There's another photo of this car, a pretty famous photo too, but the plate is illegible.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He he.

It will also help if you are of sufficient years.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have any proof whatsoever. I report only what I was told at the MoT centre.

However if it still exists, then it has to be somewhere and for all I know it could have been passed on with known documentation. Further, the car is worth very little as a car in its current state so I'm betting it's somewhat unusual for an owner to have a comprehensive appraisal before embarking on a restoration - I certainly never did for my Vitesse or my son's Heralds.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can stake your wages on that but easy to replace except the welding at the top.

I didn't go really close and start poking around but the door bottoms were rotten through the outer skin and you can also see rust coming through at the top of the tailgate. Rear quarter valances very poor as always so only rust holding the perished rubber bumpers on then.

@HM: Playtex man myself - lift, support and separate.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yes, you'll have no problem getting replacement sections and welding them in. I don't think I ever had any problems with the two heralds I had except the ferrous oxide.
You can take the engine and box out with a knife, fork and spoon.
That'll be a nice car once it's renovated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts