Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Great forums, I am not a true Alfa enthusiast yet (although am a contributing member of other car forums) - but I am sure at one pont I may get bitten by the bug...

Due to a sad bereavement, I have acquired a Brera from a relative which we need to sell as it sadly doesnt fit our needs. Now, despite wanting a quick sale, I am loathe to take my late Aunt's Brera to a dealer and let them buy for minimal £££, so wondering if anyone had any thoughts or knowledge of keen Brera buyers (unsure how desireable this model is)

Its a late 56, monte carlo Blue / black leather 2.4JTdm in SV spec plus factory SATNAV. Just 1 owner, only 22k, FARSH - 4 stamps in book and utterly mint pampered condition. Always garaged, recent Bridgestones all round etc, stacks of receipts, both keys. I 'think' it will remain 1 owner, I need to talk to the solicitor about this as he was suggesting it has temporary 'estate executor' ownership.

Its as good an example as you could find, with original invoice for £30k.

Anyone care to suggest what we should be aiming for ££ wise?

The car is located in Northumberland - which is another issue as I am 3 hours away, so a usual private ad may make viewings quite a hassle!!

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bereavement. I think you could get £10500-£11,000 for it quite easily considering the spec/mileage if you were prepared to wait for a bit but for a quick sale stick it up at £9995 and it will go I reckon. Sadly dealers will sting you but worth phoning around a couple (such as Mangoletsi) to see what they can give you

p.s I'll give you £200 a month over 4 years if you suddenly decide to set up a finance company or become a dealer ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to wrap up this topic, I have popped an ad on the for sale section of this great site before going down the Autotrader route, feel free to PM for my phone number

edit to say slight snag as I dont seem to have the authority to place an ad, but looking for £9995 as advised above

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to put my brief Alfa ownership to bed, the Brera went about 2 months ago-maybe it has reappeared on thi forum?

I ran the car for 6 months and have never had a car that drew such universal praise - filling it up was never quick as a conversation usually ensued. However it was blighted with niggles that drove me mad - lousy mpg, occasionally losing power on the motorway, alarm driving my neighbours mad, gearshift sometimes really bad - to the point of impossible and I missed something a bit sportier to drive.

However, I have a beady eye on the 4c.... I love the styling of the Alfa and enjoyed being an alfa driver for a short period, but ultimately had to run to my BMW comfort zone ---- runs for cover...

Oh and in the end I figured I wouldn't be happy selling it privately with its niggles, so it went to we buy an car who bid surprisingly strongly and didn't even try to knock me down when I arrived...

Good luck to the new owner of df56 ___

1 - 11 of 11 Posts