Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Seems to be lots of products which will help you, in addition to Gtech but the key to all of them is to get the plastic damn clean first. I did mine last year with CarPro Dlux, removed the panels and washed them several times with some All Purpose Cleaners. 12 months later and they still look good although I may well give then another application soon.

There are limitations however, if the plastic is fully bleached or damaged you may not get them back to looking perfect.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are awful.. so I have bought another better set...

that way i,m in no hurry and can spend some time cleaning and getting it right hopefully

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could try using a heat gun, works a treat. Not sure how long it last but it brings it up good as new! Obviously risky though, got to be careful not to damage paint, glass or rubber.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
With both 916's I used Autoglym Bumper care. It's a strange green jelly but it put 'grey' plastic back to a definite black with minimal effort and any water just beads straight off.

·
Administrator
45,780 Posts
Spray them with plasti-dip
I'm wondering about doing exactly this. But how easy is it to get a good finish with that stuff?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would like to thank everyone is this thread but especially Kayneo as I had spare scuttle trims with the rubbers falling off It was easy to attack them with a heat gun..
and it made an amazing difference to the look of the plastics.. came up like new.. amazed ..
I also used a hot glue gun to re attached the rubbers and gave them a clean and a little trim spray to get them like new..
I,m not 100% sure how they will last but even if they don't its a much better starting point to apply another trim product on..
will post pictures tomorrow once I get them on

1 - 20 of 30 Posts