Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to get this hub back on? Done one side but the bush is very lose, they sold me a faulty one so thats got to come back off!!!

I attchched it to the shock.

Removed the lower arm.

Attached the arm to the hub, then attached the rest of the arm to the sub frame.

Then with a crow bar and pot luck attached the last bit to the hub.

Then the anti roll bar...

Very time consuming tho!

Any tips?

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is a great technique for the rebuild.

Start with putting on the hub.

First onto the shock the the upright then work downwards, its been to take the main arm off and start with the bush furthest away, the hub and then the one under the passenger seat!

Also regarding the £14 bush, TRW is used all over the alfa romeo inc the ball joints - its written on the rubber.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need two ABS sensors now, does anyone know where I can find a diagram to find the plugs?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Hi Anesh

looking on the DTE disc, it is as follows

left side,

take out battery, battery tray etc etc, find the wire , disconnect and thread through the grommet. Finding the wire looks easy as it is the only one going through the floor and through a grommet, the connector looks about 6in upstream from the grommet

right side

take out all of the carpets and side panels, that should access the alarm, undo the two bolts holding the alarm on, move to one side, that should then access the connector, similar arrangement as the left side, going through the floor.

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts