Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to give my Brera a good bit of TLC some weekend soon and get it gleaming again. In normal cleaning I usually give the pedals a wipe with a normal cleaning wipe but at 115k miles they’re a bit dull and worn looking.

Does anyone know if products like Brasso would be suitable? Or any recommendations for other cheap solutions that would restore a nice polish on them?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I just give mine a scrub with an all purpose cleaner, I think they have a coating which wears over time, my clutch and brake pedals both show clean scuffed metal, and the Alfa logo is missing from both, the accelerator is fine however.

I'm sure they can be refinished somehow, maybe a scuff up with a scotchbrite pad to out the brushed grain back? I know it can be done on stainless watch parts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just wanted to make sure that a rough scourer or certain cleaners wouldn’t damage any coating or similar that they may have. Hardly going to be the end of the world if they were tarnished but would be nice to bring them back to life a bit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts