Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now tasked with fitting my GT with new shoes.

And I have to decide between these two Tyres.

225-40-18" Yokohama A-Drive R1

or

225-40-18" Dunlop SP6060

Anyone care to give me some guidance...

Currently have Michellin's fitted and just not willing to fork out R3000 a tyre.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Recently put Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's on my GT and am really impressed so far. They are the same size you are looking for and have improved the car no end over the P-Zero's that were on there. Even the ride is much better.

Not sure what prices you are looking at but they were around £123 each fitted from Blackcircles.

V

·
0 Posts
I've recently bought some 225 40 R18 Dunlop Sport Maxx RT for £97 a corner, they get consistently high ratings in lots of reviews.

They're going on when I have my GT serviced and alloys refurbed next week.

Apart from the performance aspect, they're meant to be pretty quiet. I currently have Accelera 'budget performance tyres' on which came with the car when I bought it. They're incredibly noisy, the tyre roar is appalling at higher speeds. Obviously, with frameless windows the GT is bound to be a bit noisier than my old 156 but I've been shocked at the increase in noise in the cabin.

I shall report back.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I've recently bought some 225 40 R18 Dunlop Sport Maxx RT for £97 a corner, they get consistently high ratings in lots of reviews.

They're going on when I have my GT serviced and alloys refurbed next week.

Apart from the performance aspect, they're meant to be pretty quiet. I currently have Accelera 'budget performance tyres' on which came with the car when I bought it. They're incredibly noisy, the tyre roar is appalling at higher speeds. Obviously, with frameless windows the GT is bound to be a bit noisier than my old 156 but I've been shocked at the increase in noise in the cabin.

I shall report back.
Four posts in and you said the "A" word :tut: :lol:

Pass the pop corn :cheese:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
The only thing I will say is that the OP appears to be in South africa.

tyres and compunds there are likely to be different to here.

For example Dunloip tyres sold in the UK are made in collaboration with goodyear, where as the SA ones probably won't be.

So we are comparing apples with oranges to some degree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts