·
Registered
30,171 Posts
what size?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, Toyo Proxes, or Goodyear F1 Assymetric.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
P-zero Nero. The rosso's aren't up to much IMO let go in an all or nothing kind of way.

Michelins would be my second choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just coming up to needing new fronts on my 1.9 JTD so this has been useful. I know the GT is hard on tyres but is 10000miles about right for the original Pirellis? What's the best to get a bit more mileage? The Goodyears seem to be getting the thumbs up.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Toyo Proxes TR-1 come recommended by myself, quiet compared to dunlops (although some squealing can be fun) and very good levels of grip in dry and wet

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't know about the Alfa yet, but Toyo Proxxes or F1's always did it for me on hot hatches. But they wear down rapidly.
Best balance between grip and wear is Bridgestone. Have them on all my bikes and had them on most of my cars.
Michelin are longer lasting, but pricey.

In general I say put a car on tyres from the same country. So put rice rockets on jap tyres, German cars on Contis and Italians probably on Pirelli.

Always be aware that the factory equipped tyre is the one the beancounters opted for, not the one the engineers would like to have... Always nice to have pics of prototype cars and see what they had put on.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you have not already made a choice. Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics sound good , I have the sister tyres on my GT, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TTs are also Asymmetric, absolutely great rejuvenated my 4 year ole GT .

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Pirreli P ZERO NERO,
I have just had them fitted alround ,
Top grip.
Another happy punter with the p-zero nero's. did you have the rosso's before hand?? I find the nero's to be much better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think they were Michelins,but I did a lot of research and even Alfa reccomend the P ZERO NEROS and they fit anything they are supplied with.I had 2 petrol 147s before and they had Firestone and Continental respectedly.
Hope I havnt confused you but I really like these Italian tyres.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
No confusion, my GT came with the p-zero rosso's standard. There not bad but seem to break away easier than the p-zero nero's do. I'm considering changing to the nero's after just 1800miles on the rosso's.

·
Registered
38,289 Posts
I am not too fussed whether I have italian tyres or not. If another countries tyres are better and at the right price thats what my car gets.

Quite a few of the parts on italian cars are not italian anyway. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts