Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says really ...where is the cheapest place to get a left upper wishbone for a late (so the different taper) 159? Lots on ebay seem to be selling one type for all years....we all know that wont work. Want a branded one...rather than a no name Chinese one. Meryle, Borg and Beck or TRW etc.

Its not too bad but I noticed very slight play in the front left upper ball joint when checking her over for the MOT....the tester did not notice but its started to make a very slight clunk and it will only get worse.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Someone got TRW ones from europarts for £60 each not so long ago.
That was at a trade price though. All you have to do is ask for trade price, and you should get one no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Not that its much help but I bought lower ones from mister auto, prices were £214 or so each, on their ebay store £90 and £164. So worth checking them out online, then see if they have an ebay listing.

Mine turned up next day, despite estimate for 29th Jan

Edit, just checked £72 online, £66 via their ebay store, trw arms again.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Think I paid about 65/70 each for a pair of Meyle HD from autodoc a few months ago.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I have a new genuine Alfa one for sale, I'll check the part numbet but I think it for the passenger side.

Which ever brand you buy its well worth popping the boot off and putting a bit extra grease in there, the new ones have hardly any grease.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that....not that I've checked what the correct part number for the late type should be yet!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Its definatly the later small taper, I had a matching pair but fitted one to my 2009 Brera but cant remember which side I changed.

If its the correct side you need £50 delivered.?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
The part number I have is 0051817623 which in the quick search I've done shows it as the LH side but please check for yourself.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that ....but according to alfaworkshops website that part number is the one for "up to" 15.2.09. The one for that date onwards ends in 5397. Thanks anyway

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Ok but its the smaller taper type so from around 2007 to the end of production, I originally bought them for my early 159 but it had the bigger taper and my Brera that they fitted was a late 2009 car.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Yes it does, I thought there was only 2 types, big or small taper, it would be interesting to know the physical difference between the pt no I have and the very later type.

·
Vendor
46,661 Posts
To find the right part number, put your chassis number into ePer. Don't rely on the 'upto' dates, I have found them to not always be correct.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought a Meyle HD for mine for £73 from KMS parts through Ebay just yesterday morning! I've always found them really good on price and information about the part you're buying (the listings for these wishbones included the cone pitch/taper). They also email you once you've ordered parts to ask for your reg or VIN number in order to check compatibility. They also do free shipping...
You'll be looking for something with a 1:6 taper, Bestpartstore.co.uk has these:https://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/alfa-romeo/159-939/18927/10671-steering-links-control-arm-trailing-link-diagonal-arm?brand%5B%5D=833&brand%5B%5D=35&brand%5B%5D=152
All the part numbers and dimensions are there, so even if you don't buy from them you'll be able to use the information elsewhere. They dispatch from Germany (despite the co.uk) so it takes the best part of a week to get here for around £10 shipping.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i would go meyle hd if no rush you will be hard to beat autodoc prices https://www.autodoc.co.uk/meyle/7938468
thats what I did a few months back. and got my new shock absorbers from them too.

Meyle HD come with a 4 year warranty on the product too....so if they're as bad as genuine alfa ones then its basically two for the price of one:cheeky: , and if they are better then you're better off anyway.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Autodoc is the same as bestpartstore, I think there are quite a few other sites under that umbrella but can't remember their names. The prices are good, but if you're only ordering a single item by the time you add shipping costs it might work out cheaper to pay more for a part that ships free.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Try this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-MEYLE-Wishbone-Track-Control-Arm-15-16-050-0020-HD-Top-German-Qualit/401463726383?fits=Car+Make%3AAlfa+Romeo%7CModel%3A159%7CCars+Type%3A2.0+JTDM%7CCars+Year%3A2009%7CVariant%3A939+%5B2005-2012%5D+Saloon&epid=250656990&hash=item5d791a512f:g:APIAAOSwcnZcFCNG
For a 2009 2.0 diesel, (that is what you have isn't it?) free postage and these guys will have it delivered withn a couple of days. This is who I bought mine from yesterday and I'd imagine it'll land on my doorstep by Wednesday or Thursday - I live an hour's ferry trip off the northernmost tip of Scotland so thing take a wee bit longer to get here. I try and use these guys as much as possible as they're usually great for price, quality and service.
It's Sunday and I just looked for parts for someone else's car! What's wrong with me?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts