Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ..now that the summer is on way ..anyone have opinion on power washer shampoo ...if you have used to wash your alfa with ? E.G Autoglym Pressure Washer Shampoo or Turtle Wax Wash & Wax Pressure Washer fluid or Halfords own brand ..etc !

Thanks!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi all ..now that the summer is on way ..anyone have opinion on power washer shampoo ...if you have used to wash your alfa with ? E.G Autoglym Pressure Washer Shampoo or Turtle Wax Wash & Wax Pressure Washer fluid or Halfords own brand ..etc !

Thanks!
I use Valet Pro - Neutral Snow Foam. Not cheap but it work's really well (I use it with a 'proper' snow foam lance). Nice thick foam :thumbs:

·
Registered
945 Posts
This is something I've been thinking about too, does snow foam work much better than like grangers shampoo and a lamb mit? also is there a good snow foam gun end that fits on the end of a Karcher power wash?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Snow foams a pre wash so you will still have to wash it with shampoo afterwords, it take the majority of the dirt off the car beflre you start to touch it, for me I want as most dirt and grime gone as possible without touching the car

·
Registered
1 Posts
I should be fine with any shampoo running through it for my best pressure washer. Mix ratio should be fine to foam up on the car.

But.. for the love of god don;t use the rotary head on your paint! you lazy bugger!
You will do so much damage to the paint over time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Many professional detailers swear by the Bilt Hamber Snow Foam. I have used it to good effect on all my cars. The key thing is to apply it reasonably thick and let it dwell for a good while but not let it dry out.

FWIW, I find that I need to use less Traffic Film Remover, Insect Remover and Tar Remover if I use the BH than if I have used the cheap stuff you can buy in the supermarkets.

I use a spray gun/bottle with a brass fitting (on a Kranzle pressure washer) which I think I found on eBay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts