Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm 30 today and feel I need to experience a super car, maybe it's a midlife crisis but still hoping I will live past 60 :p

The closest track to me is the Three Sisters Track and although it looks like it has some nice corners it doesn't look like you can hit over 60mph on the longest strait (I doubt they will be letting me out of second gear in that case) and I don't want to have gone faster on the drive down than in these super cars.

Whats a great place/track to do one of these super car experiences?

Thanks

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I've done a supercar experience at Thruxton and that was pretty good. only problem was the track was quite busy so couldnt go as fast as I would have liked

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,177 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done a supercar experience at Thruxton and that was pretty good. only problem was the track was quite busy so couldnt go as fast as I would have liked
Would certainly need to stay over as that over 4 hours from me but looks like a nice track. but likely to be a weekend thing so it will be busy no doubt.

lol how were people in the 60's not scared for life with those puppets and their eyebrows :p

Anyone been to Donington? Obviously I know about that track but never been there.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everywhere I've looked the Giulietta is the warm up car at all of these race days before you get in any super car. Nice to see some acknowledgement to how good this car is on the track.

There's a couple in this video sadly being overtaken by a Lambo but there's also a 4C in there which he certainly doesn't catch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DpWHsAub_Q

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The closest track to me is the Three Sisters Track and although it looks like it has some nice corners it doesn't look like you can hit over 60mph on the longest strait
I can't tell you which track to do it at ........ but I can tell you not to do it at Three Sisters. It's great for Karting (especially flood lit) and I have hit 67 on the back straight in a kart, but sis-in-law drove an R8 and the track is nowhere near big enough IMO. There was an Atom on at the same time though and I must admit that did look like real fun (maybe not quite a supercar though).

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't tell you which track to do it at ........ but I can tell you not to do it at Three Sisters. It's great for Karting (especially flood lit) and I have hit 67 on the back straight in a kart, but sis-in-law drove an R8 and the track is nowhere near big enough IMO. There was an Atom on at the same time though and I must admit that did look like real fun (maybe not quite a supercar though).
Yeah I got that impression reading about it and watching some video's someone even said the atom was great but you weren't allowed out of first gear :/

I was thinking either a Nissan GT-R & a Mclaren MP4-12C or the Nissan GT-R & The Atom.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
I did a Lamborghini day at Three Sisters. And your right a Giulietta (diesel) was the practice car!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Get your backside over to Maranello.

Two great hire places near the Ferrari factory.

Explore the other factories while you are there & Enzo's old house.

Treat yourself:cool:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I did a Palmersport track day which involves Bruiser M4's, Formula Jaguar le mans, Caterham superlight, Arial atom, Formula 3 single seater, Landrover off road etc. £950 for the day (although I didn't have to pay).

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get your backside over to Maranello.

Two great hire places near the Ferrari factory.

Explore the other factories while you are there & Enzo's old house.

Well I do plan on doing a European road trip next year so maybe that could be possible :D

Treat yourself:cool:
I did a Palmersport track day which involves Bruiser M4's, Formula Jaguar le mans, Caterham superlight, Arial atom, Formula 3 single seater, Landrover off road etc. £950 for the day (although I didn't have to pay).
Sadly this is less likely possible as my wife might kill me if I paid that much lol but sounds like one hell of a day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts