Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've bought a lead to connect my iphone to my CD/radio head unit, this unit will also charge the iphone if I connect a live and earth lead somewhere. The wires currently come with bare ends and no connections.

Can anyone advise me the best place to connect these to and the best way to connect them? I've had the head unit out before and taken the side covers off to check the alarm wiring but I'd rather not start messing about with wiring until I have some idea what I'm doing.

Ta

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
How about the live and earth of the iso connection itself?? where my "extra" cig lighter adapter is powered from on my 156 ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure what the ISO connection is but any more info would be handy. The cigarette lighter could be a good one, is it easy to access with just the carpet cover off? What sort of connections do people normally use?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
ISO are the connectors on the back of the radio unit. ISO is just a standards organisation and the connectors are actually known as ISO 10487 - ISO 10487 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To tap in to the harness, wherever you do it, you can use Scotch locks
SCOTCH LOCK WIRE CONNECTORS 10PCS: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

You fold the thing over the lead you want to tap into and it'll latch. Feed in your iPod wire to the other hole ( ensuring it goes all the way in ) and squeeze the metal part with some pliers. Job done.

You can get scotch locks at any factors/accessory shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts