Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking on getting my gta serviced and was wondering what is the best oil to put in/where to purchase it and how much i should be paying..???

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I use the recomended oil - Selinia Racing. Just bought 5 litres from Shop4Parts for around £40 inc delivery.

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
Don't think 5 litres is quite enough is it?

I've got Silkolene Pro S 5W50 fully synth waiting to go in, I'll report back if it feels any different.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Millers XFS every time.

Selenia is a big no no as it is NOT fully synthetic. Can't remember the exact percentage of how 'fully synthetic' it isn't but it is only allowed to be called so due to EU law stating that anything at least 90% (or thereabouts) or so synthetic can be called 'fully' synthetic.. If I am going to put something that important into my GTA I want it to perform to it's utmost. I am sure Selenia 'will do' but I would rather it did what it says on the tin.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Selenia Racing in mine too, although you will potentially get better performance from your gearbox with a fully synthetic oil, more expensive but in my experience and opinion much better for the box (had it in my previous 1.6 twinny and the GTA)

·
Registered
108 Posts
You may consider Agip 10W60. Italian too. I have also used this oil in my JTS and it feel smoother and more willing to hit top speed on highway. I exceeded 230km/h in her. I am sure they are fully synthetic and better viscosity level than Selenia.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Wyn Lear used to use Agip, had no complaints from it when he used to service my car.

N

·
0 Posts
I have been using for the 2+years that i had my GTA only Silkolene ProS 10 W50. The engine has been supersmooth all along and the little oil consumption it had the first time i used this oil in now non existant.
The Seleina racing has a really poor spec lately and as mentioned before it is not a real synthetic and doesn't meet any ACEA or API specs.
For the same money you can use the Silkolene instead that is a real synthetic part ester part PAO based which is as good as an oil can get.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I've always used Agip 10w60. Used it in my integrale and you know how fussy those engines are! Defo a thumbs-up for Agip. Selenia marketed themselves along-side Alfa in recent years and Alfa endorsed them so there is a tendency to assume its the best for Alfa engines.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've always used Agip 10w60. Used it in my integrale and you know how fussy those engines are!
Funnily enough I used Selenia in my integrale and never had any problems with it. Got it in the GTA now, but not done enough mileage to comment on it yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts