Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Only had my GTV a couple of months. Wanting to top my oil up and was wondering if any of you swear by a particular brand of oil and does the choice of oil make much difference? Also what rating is best to go with the 2.0TS engine? (like 5W30 etc etc). Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
First of all, DO NOT USE A 5W30 oil....!

Std for the 2.0TS was 10W40 Semi-Synthetic with an option for 10W60.
5W30 is only spec'd for extreme cold climates, which doesn't apply to Yorkshire!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Go for a quality 5w40 sinthetic oil and check it every 500 miles or for a semy 10w40 if you want to keep the oil costs to a minimum. Keep the oil level allways on MAX.

·
Registered
37,776 Posts
Go for a quality 5w40 sinthetic oil and check it every 500 miles or for a semy 10w40 if you want to keep the oil costs to a minimum. Keep the oil level allways on MAX.
I would use a 5w-40 fully synthetic as well as well.

Check out the Triple QX fully synthetic from Euro car parts, listed at around £21 all-in for 5 litres, but they are running a 25% discount at the moment if you use the code SERVICE25 at the checkout.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I use Mobile 3000 5w-40 Fully synthetic. Have a look at the opie oil website for an amazing range of oils. good prices and often promotions on certain ois and free delivery.:thumbs:l

·
Registered
24 Posts
everyone will have their own views in terms of what brand is best. Simplest advice is use a decent 10/40 semi-synthetic as per the owner manual. Avoid Selenia at all costs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts