Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what air intake/induction kit is best for getting the best sound from the engine post at the higher revs? Do they all pretty much achieve similar sounds or is there any specific one that people would recommend?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I would recommend leaving it completely standard. The factory setup is pretty unrestricted and free flowing. The GTA was only built with one thing in mind and Alfa went all out on that concept.

At worst maybe consider a new top pipe in carbon fibre or something because they look nice and removes the resonator box bit.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend leaving it completely standard. The factory setup is pretty unrestricted and free flowing. The GTA was only built with one thing in mind and Alfa went all out on that concept.

At worst maybe consider a new top pipe in carbon fibre or something because they look nice and removes the resonator box bit.
All I want is to have that sound. I have been in a few GTA where the engine starts screaming from 5000rpm onwards. They all have an aftermarket set up. Is there anyway I can get that sound by just adding the new top pipe as you mention?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I stuck a BMC CDA and a chrome induction pipe :) Sounds nice and car pulls well :)
I would recommend one of these if you do really want to change ;)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Replacement filter and replacing the resonator gives a nice roar. I use a twin cone air filter in the original box.
One thing worth checking is the elbow to the throttle body as you find the rubber has perished

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Maybe go this setup. I've got the CDA followed by the aluminium pipe in the picture below, the biggest difference to noise is the carbon plenum and 430tb :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have looked at the CDA kit in more detail and would just like to know from others that have it fitted if it helps to give off the awesome engine growl from 5k revs upwards. The cars I have sat in all have had K&N setup and the noise is awesome. As the CDA kit seems to be a better quality product I don't mind spending more but want to make sure it still helps to create that awesome engine growl.

Input from others will be greatly appreciated. I need to sort it out asap as I want a unit fitted before my road trip to Wales on 3rd August!

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I have looked at the CDA kit in more detail and would just like to know from others that have it fitted if it helps to give off the awesome engine growl from 5k revs upwards. The cars I have sat in all have had K&N setup and the noise is awesome. As the CDA kit seems to be a better quality product I don't mind spending more but want to make sure it still helps to create that awesome engine growl.

Input from others will be greatly appreciated. I need to sort it out asap as I want a unit fitted before my road trip to Wales on 3rd August!
It does providing you don't fit the cold air feed (which is the whole point of the CDA), you can hear the CDA with the cold air feed fitted but its much quieter and I prefer it that way :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
So in essence your just paying for the actual filter unit!
In a word no, the whole idea of a CDA to me is for a cold air to enter the engine, the noise is a by product, why would someone spend £180 on a CDA just to vent it to the engine bay and suck up hot air is beyond me!

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Hey BB tell me where Cda costs 180 please cheapest I have found is 200.
I noticed that price once but can't remember where now :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts