Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for head light bulbs for p3 gtv? Lights are pretty good but could be improved if compared to modern headlights. What is experience or recommended? 🍀

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Not sure about the phase 3 but having tried LEDs and HIDs on my phase 2... both lit up the road better than normal bulbs but I just didn’t like it. It was too cold and artificial if that makes sense. I now use Nightbreakers in both mine now. Best I’ve found so far.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I did attempt a comparison but failed abysmally...

·
Registered
621 Posts
I’m with Nellytheroc here.

My P3 came with HIDs. Binned them immediately. Personally, I really didn’t like the cold “thin” light they produce. Also, I couldn’t get the other lights (side, fog etc) to match the colour temperature of the HIDs...so it all looked mismatched and daft.

I found the actual HIDs units looked ungainly and ugly, stuck awkwardly above the lights. Not sure if that’s how they usually look....

I use Nightbreakers as well. I find they produce a superb bright beam. They are also a great colour temperature - not that too-blue look.

I also have them in my Fiat Coupe - a car which has notoriously rubbish lights....a glow worm in a jam jar would be more illuminating.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m with Nellytheroc here.

My P3 came with HIDs. Binned them immediately. Personally, I really didn’t like the cold “thin” light they produce. Also, I couldn’t get the other lights (side, fog etc) to match the colour temperature of the HIDs...so it all looked mismatched and daft.

I found the actual HIDs units looked ungainly and ugly, stuck awkwardly above the lights. Not sure if that’s how they usually look....

I use Nightbreakers as well. I find they produce a superb bright beam. They are also a great colour temperature - not that too-blue look.

I also have them in my Fiat Coupe - a car which has notoriously rubbish lights....a glow worm in a jam jar would be more illuminating.
Are they h3 or h4 for p3, and 60 or 100 Watts. Are they a direct swap? And any heati ssues?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I like my HIDs ever since I got them off ebay 35w or 55w available, certainly much more illuminating and easy to fit, my bulbs fitted centrally (how could they not?).

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Are they h3 or h4 for p3, and 60 or 100 Watts. Are they a direct swap? And any heati ssues?
The headlights are HB3 I think and the fogs are H3s. Be wary of buying cheap LED bulbs for the fogs as the polarity is often wrong and it’s not easy to reverse due to the connections.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The headlights are HB3 I think and the fogs are H3s. Be wary of buying cheap LED bulbs for the fogs as the polarity is often wrong and it’s not easy to reverse due to the connections.
Thanks for this info. I'm going to give them night breakers a go.....

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
100W Might melt the plastic or peel the chrome coating, 55w is the standard, You will have heat issues with anything above the 55w

1 - 11 of 11 Posts