Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm needing some new tyres but have have never really liked my multispoke 16", now I either get new tyres or take the opportunity to upgrade.

Initially I was thinking blackline alloys but fear that they may make the ride too harsh, a lot of my driving is in central London over poor roads and speedbumps, they're also on a lot of GTs then I thought about these eb5, 8c style wheels as I think they look simply awesome but they're more expensive and again I fear for the ride.

So I'm left concluding GTA style 17" wheels may be better, although I can't find much information about them on a GT. As in EB5 as it's more distinctive than a blackline and avoids the potential suspension harshness.

Do you guys agree? I've read some threads recommend 225,45,17 tyres for these wheels should they fit on a GT? With the gta front wings I should be ok? Will these wheels on a gt need any sort of spacer to fit well?

Any other recommendations?

At the same time I'll have my calipers painted red, to finish the look.

thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too, but they don't seem to be readily available. I think they look awesome on the 147 I'm not so sure on the GT?

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I like the q2 alloys but have a feeling they were 18s?
The Q2s are nice even if I'm biased. Sadly these ones are 17" so I'm not sure if the GT got 18" or not. As for tyres, I have Goodyear Eagle F1's all round and they are good all rounders, wet/dry grip and excellent sidewall protection. The owner of a 156 seems to be selling a set on the bay, they are 17" though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-Q2-147-156-GT-17-inch-alloy-wheels-and-tyres-/291381347051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d7ae82eb

:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think the Q2 alloys are all 17". The spoked GT Cloverleaf alloys are 18". I think both look good on the GT.

Edit: I stand corrected - Veloces are selling 18" Q2 alloys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think there are any new models available on the Q2 are there, by the time all four are refurbished it's as much as a new set.

Any ideas on the tyre size for GTA alloys?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have 16's clover 18's and my 19 inch multispokes.. For my GT.

My 18's with pirelli 235/40/18's ride better than the oem 16's off my previous 2004 GT.

I think the ideal wheel for you would be the 17 inch multispoke that came on the GT 3.2. I think Autolusso had some for sale a while ago.

Damien.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the 17 multispoke and if the car had them I may well stick, but they're not exciting to my eye nor that different from what I have now so not what I'm after.

Ideally I'll buy new, most secondhand wheels once one factors in refurb and delivery seem to cost as much as new pretty much.

Blackline alloys are going very affordably right now so maybe if the ride is right I go for these... I've read the only recommended 18 tyre is the Pirrelli?

My feeling is the gta wheel atm for the look, distinctiveness and ride, no one seems to know however if the offset is righty though or if one can use 225s on the gt ok with it.

Old forum posts are conflicting!

Tom

Ting

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Blackline alloys are going very affordably right now so maybe if the ride is right I go for these... I've read the only recommended 18 tyre is the Pirrelli?
In the owners manual it states Pirellis (and another brand I can't remember) as prefered, but I really didn't like the Pirelli PZeros... Lots of tramlining and road noise, hard to track properly etc..

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyre gets a lot of praise around these parts, as well as the Michelin Pilot Sport 3, or the Continental Sport Contact series..

I wouldn't go back to the Pirelli PZeros on my GT, not when there are loads of other great options at the same (or cheaper) price point...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My clovers in a personal shade of smoke chrome..:)

Damien.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I wouldn't use the Pirelli, I had four new ones on mine when I bought it and they weren't great and on recommendation I tried the Michelin PS2 and they were much better, going to try the PS3 on the fronts when it comes out of hibernation in a few weeks, price is good too... I have the 18" Jet Fin alloys on mine, clovers look good too...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Have the jetfins on mine, the only others that would tempt me are the clovers. I think they do a good job of modernising the car, and at the same time look the dogs danglies. :thumbs:

·
Registered
996 Posts
The Cloverleaf wheels are probably the best choice for the GT.
Though I do like the 18" jetfin wheels that were available on the V6,
Both seem to suit the style of the GT

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The Cloverleaf wheels are probably the best choice for the GT.
Though I do like the 18" jetfin wheels that were available on the V6,
Both seem to suit the style of the GT
Yep, couldn't think what they were called but the 18 jet fins are a classy wheel.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts