• Robot thing... Fiat Strada

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top newcomer of 2004 has to be that Honda Accord ad' but I remember the old Fiat Strada ad' (must have been 1980) where the ad' started with a heap of silent robots and some pieces of metal and followed them through the various assembly stages, not a human in sight until the finished Strada emerged at the other end, all to the backdrop of a Puccini (?) opera.

"Handbuilt... by Robots" I think it was called.

It would probably be as sophisticated as an old moon rocket these days but at the time I remember it was the most incredible thing I ever saw. Blinkin' Brilliant.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
I liked the Not the Nine O' Clock news vewrsion of the Fiat advert. Filmed in longbridge where they were building Austin Maxi's or something. Everyone was called Bob and they kept asking each other for a spanner. The punch line was

"The new Austin Maxi - Handbuilt by Roberts" :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
627 Posts
The new Golf GTI ad - where they modernised the singing in the rain song - with a bit of breakdancing - v good i thought!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Fraser said:
I liked the Not the Nine O' Clock news vewrsion of the Fiat advert. Filmed in longbridge where they were building Austin Maxi's or something. Everyone was called Bob and they kept asking each other for a spanner. The punch line was

"The new Austin Maxi - Handbuilt by Roberts" :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
They also did a version of the strada one...

at the end the strada is shown being rolled on a race track the tag line became..

"Designed by Computer, Built by robots, driven by Italians" :lol:

What a quality programme!

:cool: jaB

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
One from Alfa in the sixties. It was only used in Italy, but roughly translated it sounded like: "the best connection between two places is an Alfa Romeo"

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
bomberlow said:
The new Golf GTI ad - where they modernised the singing in the rain song - with a bit of breakdancing - v good i thought!
I quite like the video too and also the music is fast growing on me. I tried to google for a large version of the video routine, but was unable to find any but the small sized versions :(

@Hans, that's a classic line :cool: and should be used again by Alfa Romeo ;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Ditto ;)

·
Banned
2,213 Posts
when u mention the robot thing! don't u mean the citreon c4 :confused: mind u thay don't make the fiat strada in the uk so i would'nt know

i quite like the Hondas new ad especally the diesal one :D

suppose no-one ever heard about the vw golf one that was banned! it involed a suerside bomer sitting inside the car all wired up, next thing u know only the inside of the car blow up, the car itself was still perfect then had a motto afterwords saying "The new volkwagon golf. totaly indestructable'' :eek:

abit below the belt don't u think?

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Well yes that would be in very bad taste Andy :(

Yes the C4 robot car has been mentioned before on another thread but not here :)

Do you know where you can get a large video music file with the Gene Kelly Singing in the Rain re-make VW Golf car advert?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts