Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I have been looking on here for a while now trying to find out what the best brake set up is for a 147GTA. There are a few people talking about it but I want to know the opinions of people who have had experiece driving with different set ups.

I have the 330mm standard fronts and the 2 pence piece standard on the back and am looking to get the best brakes there are. These are ok but my car is a very long term project and I want to do it right. Best does not mean biggest or even most expensive! I have 18x8 wheels waiting to go on so size of disc is not an issue.

My car will do 3000miles a year max but most of the miles will be with my right foot planted on the faster peddle so the $**t I messed that up peddle will need to be as good as possible.

So people, who has what and what is the best?..also the rears are important too...for balance etc.

Would love to know what you all think, cheers guys,

Sam

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Rears leave standard, there is no point in upgrading.

Braided hoses are a must,

Then keep the brembo discs (OEM) and just get a set of DS2500's and some good fluid.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Or pf pads, they came on my sportwagon and shocked me how good they were compared to crappy standard ferado

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I would say the same, once you have the 330 brakes you just need braided hoses and decent pads. No need to touch the rears.

Discs are not that important but if you want to go for looks get drilled one. I like the Brembo sport range because the discs are nickel plated. This layer stays on all surfaces that are not in contact with the pad and they are clean and shiny all their life and free from rust also in the vents inside. But they come at a price.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Yeah I've got braided hoses, brembo discs and PF pads. Great cold and even better hot performance.

But also add good Tyres.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very interesting and thank you for all the replies. Do you guys not think some mega 8pot calipers with 355mm discs? I have just put Goodyear Eagle F1s, 225/35/R18's (new wheels...bbs ch...chuffin geogeous!) on the car

Got the 330mm already, I must say pads and braided hoses are alot cheaper than 2k discs and cals.

Happy new year folks and thank you for opinions etc!

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everybody, already have braided hoses it seems, so i am going to go with decent ferrodo pads and brembo gt discs, they are the drilled ones. I am pretty sure drilled discs won't make much difference it is more a vanity thing.

Another question, what pads are good for the rear...and for aestetics are there larger discs available? I know it is vain but hey it is what I want.

Cheers all,
Sam

·
Registered
313 Posts
Very interesting and thank you for all the replies. Do you guys not think some mega 8pot calipers with 355mm discs? I have just put Goodyear Eagle F1s, 225/35/R18's (new wheels...bbs ch...chuffin geogeous!) on the car

Got the 330mm already, I must say pads and braided hoses are alot cheaper than 2k discs and cals.

Happy new year folks and thank you for opinions etc!
Have you got pics of your car with the new wheels ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thank you everybody, already have braided hoses it seems, so i am going to go with decent ferrodo pads and brembo gt discs, they are the drilled ones. I am pretty sure drilled discs won't make much difference it is more a vanity thing.

Another question, what pads are good for the rear...and for aestetics are there larger discs available? I know it is vain but hey it is what I want.

Cheers all,
Sam
I'll have to show you mine if you like big brakes

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you got pics of your car with the new wheels ?
Hey,
None yet...I keep the car at my parents cause I live in the middle of london. I think it looks amazing, will get some next time I go. The car really needs a decent suspension set up now.

I know it is a bit sad but I am trying to get a 360stradale look but for a 147gta...sort of if Ferrari made a hot hatch in the mid 2000's. (stop s******ing)!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts