·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Duplicolour make a special kit

This is the result:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
... so it comes with a nail file ... is that so you can give yourself a manicure whilst you wait for the paint to dry :D

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
... so it comes with a nail file ... is that so you can give yourself a manicure whilst you wait for the paint to dry :D
I'm sure you could if you wanted chris... only if that's what you're into though :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I'm sure you could if you wanted chris... only if that's what you're into though :lol:

Matching nails and break calipers !!! sweet :vomit:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
No you numpty, it's a spatula for stiring the paint.......or checking your GF's tonsils :cheese:

I bought it in SA and it cost the equivalent of about 15 quid.

Good product. I've done two cars with it now and still lots left. I bought an extra can of brake caliper cleaner. I used rough sandpaper to prepare the surface after spraying and scrubbing with a toothbrush

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Bump.

If you already have painted calipers, but don't like the colour, whats the best thing to get the old caliper paint off? I'm assuming just a wire brush or sandpaper and lots of effort, unless anyone knows an easier way?

Or can you just paint over the old paint? I guess it would need roughing up a bit first..

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Is it best o take the calipers off before painting them to get the best effects??
You could probably do a better job, but it would be a fair bit more work and you'd need to bleed the brakes afterwards.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Duplicolour make a special kit

This is the result:

that end result looks slightly cheap on that photo, and that is before it gets dirty.

i would not even bother, the finish on manufactured coloured calipers is a smooth finish, but non coloured brakes always have a rough finish that collects brake dust.
so you can always tell from about 10m away that they are not brembo or equivalent.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
How unkind.:tut:

They don't look cheap at all and if you wash your car every week and this includes brushing the calipers and the inside of the wheels they stay sparkling clean. No-one is "pretending" that they are brembos. It is a matter of taking pride in ones car. You might as well say what is the point of having a chrome tailpipe?:confused:

Here is another pic::)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts