Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My Halfords battery has finally given up on me and I'm looking for a replacement.

Can anyone recommend a decent battery that it forgiving with periods of little or no use?

Also, I'm about to try and drop a 2.0L Alfetta engine in whilst I get the original engine rebuilt, so I ideally want one battery which will cover both engines.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

·
Registered
247 Posts
I usually go to Eurocar parts as I think they are cheaper and have a better selection than Halfords (there are plenty of outlets too). They don't list the Bertone but the Spider or Alfetta is listed so that would do. Could you connect a battery conditioner (even solar powered)? No battery likes to be discharged especially not a Lead acid battery.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've just ordered a solar powered trickle charger - £13 - trying to solve the same problem. Sits on the dash and plugs into the cigar lighter socket.

I'll report back when I see how it works...

Phil

·
Registered
81 Posts
I will need to replace the Bosch battery on my Spider. Its been on 10 years. So I am getting another Bosch one - I dont expect Bateries to last that long. They are just under £100 at the local parts place (GSF). Car regularly stands for 3 or 4 weeks in a garage with no power, so no Charger on it. It has managed 6 months, though I did charge it that time.

Jonathan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for your help with this. I picked a Bosch silver 027 (S5005) from Eurocarparts, which has just arrived. Will be looking at trickle charge options over the next couple of weeks also.

Now to get an engine working!

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts