Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously all a matter of opinion, but what would you put on a Red facelift 147? I'm looking at possibly lowering it slightly, maybe 30mm or so.

Ideas, pictures and examples all welcomed :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd go for a factory optional variant of your choosing. It will likely be the cheapest for insurance porpoises. White powdercoating would be a striking way to emphasise the redness of the bodyshell.

That said, I remain convinced that wheels over 16" diameter usually degrade the ride on smaller cars and have increased risk of their own damage. ;)

·
Administrator
87,300 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Ducati Corse was 18" and machined face. Hard work to look after and hard ride.
They were/are indeed 18" ,I stand corrected.

Then I restate my preference for supersports..jetfins are also a nice choice but the supersports are "classic Alfa" in a way the jetfins are not..

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
17 inch GTA all the way.
It's the only wheel style that makes sense on a 147.

And they will stick out a bit more giving a better stance.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
must mention that the OP is on a budget of £1500 to get the car sorted as stated on another thread. Agree totally on the GTA wheels but they aint cheap, where as a set of supersports can be had for £100 or less as I posted (again on the other thread) a link to a set on ebay going for £85 with tyres. Refurbed a nice dark anthracite or even black would look cracking on a 147 and come in on budget at under £300, that would buy you a pair of GTA wheels if you are lucky.

the car is facelift also so think a more honest wheel would be the 18'' ducati corse...AFAIK the GTA wheels did not come on the facelift car, that siad not sure the supersports did either..!!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Bah get some nice replica ones on the cheap!
Not sure why the GTA wheels command a price. That's why I went for 17 inch GT Star design. Which actually turned out to be rarer than GTA wheels. But I mainly did it to upgrade the 15inch wheels and I wanted more corner grip in dry weather.

They now reside on some Fiat Ducato van! :)

·
Registered
35,078 Posts
17 inch GTA all the way.
It's the only wheel style that makes sense on a 147.

And they will stick out a bit more giving a better stance.
The GTA wheels will certainly stick out if you don't fit the wider GTA (GT) front wings.
There's 5mm difference in offset.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts