Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Special line of Alfa 100th Birthday accessories

Votes: 2 4.8%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are all I sure aware Alfa Romeo is 100years strong this year, what is the best Birthday present you would like to see from Alfa :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
that “gt gta” option hooked me for a while...
but moving forward for what is really important, alfa romeo needs a 166 replacement. a f...ing good one! to face those bm... and merc... god damn those “germy” brands...

K

·
0 Posts
Given the current climate AR finds itself in, IMO, they need to make a real positive statement moving forward.

The Mito and Giulietta are a good start but I'd love to see them punch out something spectacular for the 166 replacement.

Something exotic, powerful and state of the art. Something to remind people of what AR can still can achieve. A model somewhere between the Brera and the Maserati Quattroporte.

Now that would be delicious.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Given the current climate AR finds itself in, IMO, they need to make a real positive statement moving forward.

The Mito and Giulietta are a good start but I'd love to see them punch out something spectacular for the 166 replacement.

Something exotic, powerful and state of the art. Something to remind people of what AR can still can achieve. A model somewhere between the Brera and the Maserati Quattroporte.

Now that would be delicious.[/QUOTE"]

"nough said" :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Better dealerships. They're awful over here because the nearest one is nearly 2 hours away from me which has put a few people off buying Alfas.

V

·
0 Posts
if they are going to do anything it'll probably be some sort of limited edition like the 8c but even more exclusive. id like to see a 159 gta with the 8c engine and rear drive

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like your thinking:), sounds like a Maserati Quattroporte for Alifisti...the 8C red would work but so would the front end. Rear wheel drive should be reserved for Alfas with V8's only! Front wheel drive (great in the recent snow and ice when all the BM's and Mercs looked pure silly) and 4wd will work with the rest.

H

·
0 Posts
I wanted to see the 8c in a full works effort at Le Mans 2010

FIAT/Alfa have missed a trick.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would love to see that myself but my understanding is that the Maserati MC12 will be allowed to race in Le Mans so there could be internal conflict there

H

·
0 Posts
Would love to see that myself but my understanding is that the Maserati MC12 will be allowed to race in Le Mans so there could be internal conflict there
The Maserati may be allowed to enter, if restrictions on it are lifted (those same restrictions are also currently preventing Nissans GT-R from entering)

Nut the MC12 isn't an offical works entry, it's an independant (although a distinctly professional, well funded one ;))

·
Registered
38,930 Posts
A new V6 engine that was totally designed and made by Alfa and would match the equivalent sized BMW engine in terms of fuel consumption. :p

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Id like to see a Mid engined RWD sports car similar to the Boxster. It would be less powerful than a Ferrari and not compete with them in terms of sales. It would start with the V6 3.0 Litre engines and possibly go up to a 3.7L or maybe V8.

I know a prototype was made recently but dont know what happened to it.

Thats what Alfa Romeo have always meant to me, brilliant handling sports cars with style and passion. The marque that gave birth to Ferrari. The Mid engined RWD layout has been around for a long time and is the quintesential expression of a sports car and thats what Alfa Romeo really should be making for their 100 th birthday.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Has to be a Giulietta GTA in 8c Red, as I want a 147 GTA!

H

·
0 Posts
Or a small, affordable, lightweight convertible, to rival the MX5. A nimble, pretty, rear wheel drive 2 seater.

(i.e build the Spider the way it should have been built in the first bleedin' place)

K

·
0 Posts
Or a small, affordable, lightweight convertible, to rival the MX5. A nimble, pretty, rear wheel drive 2 seater.
I actually really like that idea HST. :cool:

Maybe we'll get a glimpse of an Alfa Spider "concept" at the Geneva Motor Show with a bit of luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts