Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the death of someone close to you can increaee the risk of you having a heart attack if you are already at risk. Apparently there has been a study by the institute of studying the bleeding obvious that has come to this conclusion:

BBC News - Bereavement raises heart attack risk, says study

What are we supposed to do? Send everyone we know a text telling them not to die?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently the death of someone close to you can increaee the risk of you having a heart attack if you are already at risk. Apparently there has been a study by the institute of studying the bleeding obvious that has come to this conclusion:

BBC News - Bereavement raises heart attack risk, says study

What are we supposed to do? Send everyone we know a text telling them not to die?
I guess trying to keep your heart in decent shape in the first place for starters, so it's capable of resisting bad stress loads when they do come. I'm not being sarcastic. I think a lot of people due to poor diet and lack of exercise are in danger of keeling over if somebody jumps out and yells BOO. I'm probably stating the bleeding obvious but so is this article. The first symptom of cardiovascular disease is usually a heart attack. Eat less shite.

Speaking of this. I was in tears a number of days ago when this little old lady collapsed in front of me in Brisbane central. She was well dressed and nothing looks sadder than seeing somebody lying on the pavement in such a helpless state. A number of us gave her CPR and it seemed like hours before the ambulance came. I was really upset and rang the police the next day to see how she faired. They told me she had passed away. Poor lady. :(

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must be a slow news day..

This from November 2010

"It is known that the trauma of bereavement can mean an increased risk of heart attacks and strokes in the months immediately following the death of a close relative."

BBC News - Bereavement 'raises risk of dangerous heart changes'

Typical USof A......he no doubt got well paid for repeating the work of someone else
Quite frankly a lot of people suffer as much through a bereavement of a pet as that of a human, (In some cases more so). You don't see them dropping off like flies.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Mate of mine lost both his Nan & Aunt last week. They recon it was the shock that killed the Aunt :(

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't seen any data on that..

I think I'll apply for a grant ;)
Happy to work as a consultant. Our rabbit croaked about 4 years ago so I can tell you all about my kids' response which can be paraphrased as "Can we get a dog now?".

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy to work as a consultant. Our rabbit croaked about 4 years ago so I can tell you all about my kids' response which can be paraphrased as "Can we get a dog now?".
I guess a lot of kids might think the same about grandparents. 'They smelt funny'.

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
Congratulations on holding off for four years :D

I guess a lot of kids might think the same about grandparents. 'They smelt funny'.
Much like the rabbit!

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Sounds like an announcement from The Ministry of No-S**t Sherlock to me:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts