Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Haven't picked up a guitar all week as Mrs F has had me decorating :mad::rant:

picked one up now... but been cuddlin' it for an hour while I watched that :rolleyes:

s'good though :thumbs:

the thing on bbc2 t'other week about 1066 was good too :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm looks like you can download stuff too from the Beeb
using Adobe's AIR and not that rubbish kontiki crap
they were using before.

Well done Beeb. :thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enemy of God, the Bernard Cornwall book ZF?

Good series that.

As is the Harlequin trilogy. ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Yes I'm borrowing them from my son-in-law piecemeal, but not in any order. Just finished Young Bloods, and then he loaned me The Generals! Bah! :lol:

Ah! The longbow versus the crossbow.:): Good reading for the likes of myself who did virtually no history reading at school at all. I think I got my S-in-L interested firstly with Under The Eagle, which we gave him as a pressie.:):

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I saw a really Crap Film called Beowulf ( in 3D actually ) a while back, in the Cinema starring Ray Winstone, which was quite gory and sort of " Pagan ".......

Is this the same " Folklore / Myth " story you are talking about here !!!!........:):)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a story that is credited as the first piece of English literature.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Could be based on similar? I loved the Smithy twisting the three rods and hammer welding them together using the forge and anvil. Fascinating that metalwork, and that beautifully crafted helmet.:):

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could be based on similar? I loved the Smithy twisting the three rods and hammer welding them together using the forge and anvil. Fascinating that metalwork, and that beautifully crafted helmet.:):
Yes that twisting method left a unique marking
on each blade. :cool:

The helmet is probably the most famous archaeological
find from mainland Britain. (Sutton Hoo)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts