Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this Alfa-bug has certainly bitten me now!

Sadly had to say goodbye to my 159 1750 Tbi SW last week as a financial sacrifice after buying a house in the same week I'm having to accept a large paycut. Great car and no regrets though. Thanks to the great folk on this forum, I've received sympathy, good advice and buyers for my accessories I needed shot of!

Once I started looking for a replacement vehicle with a limited budget it became apparent that I could either go for a mundane A to B box of mostly Oriental origin.......

or ..........

an Alfa 166 3.0 V6 Super! :cool:

Once I test drove that car and heard that Busso engine, that was it! I also realised that economy-wise it's not too disimilar to the 1750 either given my low mileage. I'm picking her up tomorrow and will be driving from Surrey to Scotland on Tuesday so give us a wave :)

I'll post a pic after returning home :thumbs:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Sweet as! :thumbs:

Be good to see some pics. :D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
good call on the car:D

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Congrats, enjoy the V6! :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers everyone!

What a car though :wow: Had a blast around the Surrey countryside around Godalming (Top Gear country) and then a good trip up - no creaks, rattles or any cause for concern!

Got her with only 34,000 miles too so should have plenty of fun for years to come :thumbs:

If these showers would ease off, I'm intending on a good clean/wax followed by pics.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Once I test drove that car and heard that Busso engine, that was it! I also realised that economy-wise it's not too disimilar to the 1750 either given my low mileage. I'm picking her up tomorrow and will be driving from Surrey to Scotland on Tuesday so give us a wave :)
Yup, i have the 1750 on the Spider and a GTA, and economy is QUITE similar (the v6 drops badly in city traffic, but apart from that very similar, expecially on motorway).
What are your feelings on the change? having the GTA after the 1750 helped me appreciating it (the 1750) even more, even though you can feel like the v6 has "half engine more" than the 1750.. what impressed me more of the v6 is how much more ready it is than the already brisk 1750.. both two lovely engines, in a quite different way, but both lovely... The voice and character of the v6 is something that really brings a smile on my face everytime i drive it, hope it's the same for you :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts