Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
:confused: if it is bent upwards then yes.. but... You would notice a he'll of a lot more than just inner tyre wear mate... In fact, you wouldn't get far enough along a road for it to start to cause wear, you would-be upside down in a ditch first after a few corners:D They tend to snap before they would bend realistically but worn bushes can cause uneven wear too.
I would get the tracking checked and the condition of the track rod ends first;) then look at the wheel for buckles.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tracking has been done, drives streight....bushes look fine.....squeek at the top but only when I go over a speee bump.....and does not do that all the time.

Corners very well and does not even twitch.

When i say bent....pushed backwards bent - of that makes sense?

G

·
So... Around the inner bush to arm itself area you mean?
Hmmm it's unlikely to bend due to one resisting the other then there is the force that the long fork bolt would exert, that would snap first.
Worn bushes maybe. If it was a hefty knock then any of the three bushes would take the brunt first so play and damage will be apparent in them first.;)

·
Vendor
46,827 Posts
Tracking has been done
By who, and to what setting? That is often the key to getting a car that drives well and doesn't chew through its tyres, it is a fine balancing act.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The had an look and the bush area looks fine, no play and no knocks. When I say bent imagine the wishbone flat on the table....and it just being pushed/bent back slightly.....does this make sense.

Got it tracked up by a company called bush tyres...they seem to be the only guys in Lincoln that can track properly.

Settings are....

Camber | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - any tips would be great. Camber is way out on the drivers side :-(

Can you see this?

G

·
Have you used a pry bar to move the wishbone in different directions to see if there excess movement in the bushes or just a visual inspection and trying to move them by hand?

If you can take a few photos at front, rear, face on and below of what bend you mean on the wishbone it will help mate, I can usually tell just by looking if something is not right;)

·
Vendor
46,827 Posts
The had an look and the bush area looks fine, no play and no knocks. When I say bent imagine the wishbone flat on the table....and it just being pushed/bent back slightly.....does this make sense.

Got it tracked up by a company called bush tyres...they seem to be the only guys in Lincoln that can track properly.

Settings are....

Camber | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - any tips would be great. Camber is way out on the drivers side :-(

Can you see this?
Try measuring from your wheel centre to peak of the wheel arch on each side, see if the rideheight is lower on the affected side.

Settings are OK, within tolerance but not bang on.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do, I will just get it on level ground. Measure and get the crowbar on the bushes and see for any movement......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts