Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have bee on here for 2 and half years now.

I bought a Facelift Red 156 (my first alfa) and LOVED it.

Had no real problems, jst a few quirks!

Unfortunately, 2 weeks ago, someone ran into the back of me and now its a writeoff!! :-(

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
That's a real ***** .............. Sorry to hear that........... Cop for the insurance and get yourself another one......... Hope you get sorted soon............

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Never take the insurance first offer...... TELL them you want more.... It nearly always works. Watch out though cos they can take the courtesy car back after an offer.

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
hope you are ok and the insurance pays off quickly. dont worry to much there are plenty of recession special offers out there and you be on the road again with a new alfa. best of luck

·
Registered
303 Posts
Gutted :cry:

Again, hope you werent injured.

Def dont take the insurances first offer, you can always get more- i did! Then get yourself a new love :inlove:

Try and look at the positives- you could get a new toy to play with!

Good luck! :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,293 Posts
Can you find out what the buy-back price is? Plenty of people on here would be interested in buying a rear-ended facelift 156.

Sorry to hear about your loss, follow the advice on here regarding how to deal with your insurance co.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well i have bee on here for 2 and half years now.

I bought a Facelift Red 156 (my first alfa) and LOVED it.

Had no real problems, jst a few quirks!

Unfortunately, 2 weeks ago, someone ran into the back of me and now its a writeoff!! :-(
Sorry to hear that .... it nearly happened to me a few months ago :(. A stupid van driver nearly crashed into the back of me :rant:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car...but IMHO it is better a write off than what I expperienced in 1979...
Brand new Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5 , 4 days old when I hit the drivers door of a Porche 924 which had failed to stop at a giveway sign

Took 5 months to repair..... which meant I did not have a car for 5 months as well.....

K

·
0 Posts
Heed the advice on insurance and try to be positive. You don't have a car to part-ex so you should be able to to get yourself a good deal on a replacement without them shafting you on a trade-in price.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I saw a 156 sitting beside the North Circular last night (east bound), where the M11 starts, this looks a bit of a mess with the front end stoved in. I hope that everyone got out okay.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I followed the advice of a local garage a few years ago when my wife’s car was written off. I had the car towed to a garage of my choice and when the insurance company rang to say that they were willing to move it to a free storage area which wouldn’t cost me anything, as per the garages tip I said NO.

It wasn’t costing me anything where it was but it was costing them storage per day, hey presto, settled at top book and cheque cashed in two weeks.

The minute they get it in their free storage area you are now playing to their rules and they can take as long as they want so they only pay the least amount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts