Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm into week 4 of being unemployed and depression has well and truely kicked in as now i can't even be bothered to look for a job anymore.:rolleyes:

But my question is: Why do ya start waking up later in the day and going to bed later at time? For the past few days i've been waking up at 11am/1pm and going to bed at 4am:confused: I know some will say DUH you idiot you are sleeping in because your going to bed later but why does it happen in the first place?

Now its midnight and i am totally switched on full of beans yet before 5pm i was groggy and just tired:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Well i'm into week 4 of being unemployed and depression has well and truely kicked in as now i can't even be bothered to look for a job anymore.:rolleyes:

But my question is: Why do ya start waking up later in the day and going to bed later at time? For the past few days i've been waking up at 11am/1pm and going to bed at 4am:confused: I know some will say DUH you idiot you are sleeping in because your going to bed later but why does it happen in the first place?

Now its midnight and i am totally switched on full of beans yet before 5pm i was groggy and just tired:confused:
I have to totally agree there fella, good thread :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I know this all too well as it happened to me and im still in the cycle even though I am only getting 3-4 hrs sleep at night I am still wide awake now!

It is down to a changing routine, when we are working we know we have to be awake at a certain time to go to work, same applies with going to sleep. If you notice at the weekends most people sleep past their normal waking time during the week, because you don't need to be up for work so the lovely lie in happens.

As you are not working you don't have a normal work routine, your routine is now going to be at 4am and waking at 1pm, you will notice that you are probably waking up at the same time everyday and going to sleep at about the same time too. You just need to change the routine, stay on a work routine if you want but i always tried to get up at 9.30am or 10am and went to bed at midnight. As I mentioned I failed at it badly but the thought was there lol

S

·
0 Posts
I seem to sleep from around 3ish and wake up at 10ish, but come 5pm I feel tired again, lol

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts

get a job quick! easier said than done i know, especially in these hard times. best thing to do would be to drag your a$$ out of bed early, literally force yourself to get up and stay awake.

a couple of years back i lost my job and was out of work for 7 months and that was really depressing, i found i was doing exactly the same thing as you, going to bed later each day and it ended up that instead of going at 4 or 5am i had gone right through the day and lasted until 9pm, then getting up at 7am

i hope you find a job soon though :)

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for the first 2 weeks of unemployment i was going well as i was waking up to give my girlfriend a lift to work (the lazy *****) but I did notice that i had a wee afternoon cesta everyday:lol:

Getting my balls baked by her in doors at the mo cus i aint doing any housework or earning. I have to keep reminding her that i had to pay the bills by myself when she was unemployed for a good few months! Oh how they forget easily:tut:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Last time I was unemployed I struggled with the same problem :(
I started getting to sleep / hence waking up later and later. Eventually I ended up going to sleep at 8am and waking up at 2pm.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I have gone to bed at 3 or 4am for years.
Even when I am up early, same time. My body is good to go with 4 hours kip.
I get up now to take my lad to nursery.
As I was made redundant in Jan, it would have been easy to do the same as you so I made a point of seeing to him in the morning.
Try going to the gym or running or anything to get yourself out and about.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have gone to bed at 3 or 4am for years.
Even when I am up early, same time. My body is good to go with 4 hours kip.
I get up now to take my lad to nursery.
As I was made redundant in Jan, it would have been easy to do the same as you so I made a point of seeing to him in the morning.
Try going to the gym or running or anything to get yourself out and about.
would you believe me if i told you i didn't own a tracksuit or running shoes?:lol: cus i actually don't and the gym costs money:cheese:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have been unemployed aswell :( and finding it difficuilt to get a job. :rant:

Me and my wife have just moved house and both unemployed and finding it difficult to support a child, a house and an Alfa :lol:, but there seems to be no incentive from the government. When claiming unemployment benefits you are given everything from child tax credits, council tax benefit, housing benefit, child benefit and the money from the jobcentre, when you start working again you are usually no better of than what you were on benefits.

However i hate being unemployed and i am off for a job interview tomorrow followed by a weld test from a company that build components for offshore so fingers crossed.

S

·
0 Posts
I have been unemployed aswell :( and finding it difficuilt to get a job. :rant:

Me and my wife have just moved house and both unemployed and finding it difficult to support a child, a house and an Alfa :lol:, but there seems to be no incentive from the government. When claiming unemployment benefits you are given everything from child tax credits, council tax benefit, housing benefit, child benefit and the money from the jobcentre, when you start working again you are usually no better of than what you were on benefits.

However i hate being unemployed and i am off for a job interview tomorrow followed by a weld test from a company that build components for offshore so fingers crossed.
Good luck tomorrow fella :thumbs:

PS - I love your avatar :D

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I've never owned a tracksuit in my life, and I wasn't suggestin the Great North Run. Telly shyte in the morning anyway so you might as well lie in till Diagnosis Murders on.:)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
:rolleyes: You wait till PG and CG see this, you might be in trouble :boxing: :p

Gaz, do your self a massive favour, suprise your gf/wifey by cleaning the house tomorrow, trust me, that will get you off the hook for a good 2-3 weeks depending on patience levels. I really hope my Ms AO doesn't read here!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks, You ever noticed the hardest part is just getting the interview, i have sent piles of cv's and this will be the first interview i have had in goodness knows how long.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts