Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the classic skin because I find the new one difficult to read and navigate. However, it only remembers this if I'm logged in. Whereas I used to be logged in all the time, now if I don't use the site for a while I have to log in again. Is this intentional or a bug?

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
vinkeirle said:
Did it work for you? I still can't stay logged in!
Vin

Hmm, me neither. I never have been able to.

But, with my current run of luck with new features on the board, my problem will probably be user-error. :rolleyes:

;)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
IF YOU REALLY CANNOT GET ON:
Close all the browser windows you have open, and clear every cookie you have, if you are not allowing cookies to be saved on your pc or you use something to block cookies, this will be the reason.

Let us know.

AO

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
I find CCleaner to be quite effective in removing all the internet related crud I don't want to keep and other temp files. It's free and very good IMO. However, saying that, use at your own risk as I just let it clean everything as I don't rely on cookies etc for auto logging in to any sites.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
I deleted all my cookies and yet i still get logged out each time. Wierd. :eek:

Tried it on Firefox and also IE...

Unless it's something our end on the network :confused:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I keep getting signed out as well, even after deleting cookies for ie & mozilla. If I sign in I can browse and stay signed in, look at attached pictures etc - but when I click on quick reply it forces me to sign in. Again.

I'm surprised the forum software isn't clever enough, or doesn't have the option to detect the cookie is of the wrong version, automatically delete and recreate itself following the upgrade, most other web software does, it saves the users having to do it manually!

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Yep, I'm still struggling this morning. :(

I think my PC is the only one on our network that has viewed AO (??!!)

Have deleted all the cookies, erased this as a saved page and started from scratch and I still keep on being signed out.

Any ideas anyone :confused:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vinkeirle said:
Did it work for you? I still can't stay logged in!
Vin
Worked a treat for me. On OSX Panther using Safari. Closed the window, went to cookies, deleted anything with alfaowner in the name, came back to alfaowner and signed in again.

I had the window closed overnight, clicked on my bookmark this morning and it worked fine.

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Alfa20V said:
Yep, I'm still struggling this morning. :(

I think my PC is the only one on our network that has viewed AO (??!!)

Have deleted all the cookies, erased this as a saved page and started from scratch and I still keep on being signed out.

Any ideas anyone :confused:
Yes... You still have a cookie on there somewhere, delete them off, close the browser windows first though. Then go back to cookies folder and verify they are all gone. This will definitely cure the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts