Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the those words that makes me snig-ger:lol: I can't help but feel that if someone is an enthusiast of something they are nothing more than a complete wankbag, that drinks hot lemon tea from a flask and wears hi-vis jackets and still lives with their mum and dad. I have to actually say as much as it may make me laugh it also fills me full of hatred at the same time.:lol:

I would hate to be ever considered an enthusiast of anything as i'd have to snig-ger at myself:lol:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
An enthusiast is surely someone who feels enthusiastic on a given subject.

I consider myself an Alfa enthusiast. When I get talkin about them, I can go on for ages, I love the look, the whole package. I genuinely feel good about Alfa's. Yup.... Sad!

Generally it takes people a while to realise I am a [email protected] . You are an astute judge of character. :thumbs:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hmmm, I think you mean "anorak" and I think there's a difference. But then it's a long time since I felt enthusiatic about anything!

·
Registered
854 Posts
don't "Enthusiasts" have beards?
Beards. pipes and dirty fingernails. Also a monotone nasal drone when speaking is a pre requisite.
I suppose in the company of other "enthusiasts" it`s not considered strange,but step out of the fold and your an easy target for the masses, he doesnt conform they`ll shout , "why are you talking about a car instead of Jade Goody, Big Brother, X factor" etc as they approach your cottage with burning torches. "Kill the weird beard" they shout, a chant taught to them by the Clarkson, the Clarkson is an oafish dolt, a middle class northerner in his attitude ,the anti - enthuisiast if you like. I've always thought that middle class does'nt sit well with northerners, they don't do affluent very well. Vulgarity overcomes class when 50k per annum passes the Watford Gap. "Considerably richer than yow"
I wonder ,will there ever be a place where Alfisti can truly run free, away from the derisory remarks "what you get one of them for ?" " you want a Focus " " always breaking down" . Stand up and be counted, don't be afraid. Shout from the rooftops "I AM AN ENTHUSIAST". As a cautionary note beware, enthusiasm is addictive,contagious even and is only one step away from obsession.

·
Super Moderator
22,994 Posts
This is one of the those words that makes me snig-ger:lol: I can't help but feel that if someone is an enthusiast of something they are nothing more than a complete wankbag, that drinks hot lemon tea from a flask and wears hi-vis jackets and still lives with their mum and dad. I have to actually say as much as it may make me laugh it also fills me full of hatred at the same time.:lol:

I would hate to be ever considered an enthusiast of anything as i'd have to snig-ger at myself:lol:

A very enthusiastic post there Jamz.

V

·
0 Posts
Beards. pipes and dirty fingernails. Also a monotone nasal drone when speaking is a pre requisite.
I suppose in the company of other "enthusiasts" it`s not considered strange,but step out of the fold and your an easy target for the masses, he doesnt conform they`ll shout , "why are you talking about a car instead of Jade Goody, Big Brother, X factor" etc as they approach your cottage with burning torches. "Kill the weird beard" they shout, a chant taught to them by the Clarkson, the Clarkson is an oafish dolt, a middle class northerner in his attitude ,the anti - enthuisiast if you like. I've always thought that middle class does'nt sit well with northerners, they don't do affluent very well. Vulgarity overcomes class when 50k per annum passes the Watford Gap. "Considerably richer than yow"
I wonder ,will there ever be a place where Alfisti can truly run free, away from the derisory remarks "what you get one of them for ?" " you want a Focus " " always breaking down" . Stand up and be counted, don't be afraid. Shout from the rooftops "I AM AN ENTHUSIAST". As a cautionary note beware, enthusiasm is addictive,contagious even and is only one step away from obsession.

:thumbs::clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts