Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very short notice, on Monday we are having a Duck Race at Lakeside Marina in Crosby for the RNLI, 2000 ducks are being released into the lake and a rib will then create a 'flow' with its engines, first 3 across the other side will get £100 £50 £25 1st 2nd 3rd.......
Due to me not being out and about as much as normal for the last couple of months i have not sold as many tickets as i would have liked, they are only £1 each, anyone wants to buy any i will put the money in then collect when i see you or paypal me or we will find a way.
There can not be many people that do not know the RNLI and the work they do as unpaid volunteers, it is a very good cause:thumbs:

http://rnli.org/NewsCentre/Pages/RN...ter-Monday.aspx?printerfriendly=true&pdf=true

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
Dont think i can make it but i'll give you a fiver at breakfast next sunday :)

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont think i can make it but i'll give you a fiver at breakfast next sunday :)

Think it will be more a family and kids day mate, 5 tickets will be written out, ta very much..:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Will you put me down for two please (Id buy more buy am a broke student and too many alfas) and can you also pm me your paypal info so I can pay as i doubt ill be bumping into you anytime soon.

Uncle was the former coxswain of the Achill island RNLI and is one of the few charities that I will support. Personally, our sea rescue services like the RNLI should not be voluntary funded and should be a full time job for the crew.

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put me down for a fiver as well and I'll see you next Sunday with the cash.
Cheers Stuart, see you next weekend :cool:

Will you put me down for two please (Id buy more buy am a broke student and too many alfas) and can you also pm me your paypal info so I can pay as i doubt ill be bumping into you anytime soon.

Uncle was the former coxswain of the Achill island RNLI and is one of the few charities that I will support. Personally, our sea rescue services like the RNLI should not be voluntary funded and should be a full time job for the crew.
Thanks mate, i know the Achill station well, i was stationed on Inis Mor, had a good few nights out with the Mayo boys, the 'lifeboat pub' was also the undertakers if i remember, John their engineer at the time used to come on trips with us, would be between 2000 and 2006.
Once coming back from either Portrush or killybegs we lost steering on our boat, weather was pushing us towards the Mayo coast, our skipper rang theirs to let him know we might have a problem, they were supposed to wait to hear from us, barstewards launched straight away, it then became a battle to the death, could we regain steering before the utter shame of being towed by another lifeboat, we could not get the electronics to unlock our steering so we could rig a manual system, ended up ripping wiring out then we could use the through deck emergency shaft with ropes, we won and escaped before they found us, great days :lol:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Cheers Stuart, see you next weekend :cool:

Thanks mate, i know the Achill station well, i was stationed on Inis Mor, had a good few nights out with the Mayo boys, the 'lifeboat pub' was also the undertakers if i remember, John their engineer at the time used to come on trips with us, would be between 2000 and 2006.
Once coming back from either Portrush or killybegs we lost steering on our boat, weather was pushing us towards the Mayo coast, our skipper rang theirs to let him know we might have a problem, they were supposed to wait to hear from us, barstewards launched straight away, it then became a battle to the death, could we regain steering before the utter shame of being towed by another lifeboat, we could not get the electronics to unlock our steering so we could rig a manual system, ended up ripping wiring out then we could use the through deck emergency shaft with ropes, we won and escaped before they found us, great days :lol:
Id say there'd be some stories to tell from your time on inis Mór. No car tax out there either and if Achill didn't have a bridge, i wouldn't have to pay tax myself as id register the car there:cry:
If its the place I'm thinking off, it'd be the pub, the undertakers, the petrol station and the local auctioneers as well.:lol:

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
put me down for a fiver wayne, i'll sort it through paypal next friday :) (yes i'm skint until payday..just had to fork out another £275 on the wife's car, lol)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
If I'm not too late stick me down for a fiver and I'll see you for brekkie next week.

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I may not be able to attend this event tomorrow so if you could put me down for a fiver via paypal that would be much appreciated. Really sorry about that
I am getting married next weekend and there are last minute issues regarding the centrepieces in that they need varnishing (due to smelling like something from hell) tomorrow and my suit hasn't arrived when the rest of the groom's parties has and my specs have been broken. Might've been useful to have booked more than just Thursday and Friday off work.

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may not be able to attend this event tomorrow so if you could put me down for a fiver via paypal that would be much appreciated. Really sorry about that
I am getting married next weekend and there are last minute issues regarding the centrepieces in that they need varnishing (due to smelling like something from hell) tomorrow and my suit hasn't arrived when the rest of the groom's parties has and my specs have been broken. Might've been useful to have booked more than just Thursday and Friday off work.
Good luck next week Dave, you can have an exemption for today:lol:
tickets done:thumbs:

·
Registered
502 Posts
if you can do me a fiver's worth retrospectively by Paypal count me in Wayne - sorry have been away fro a while! :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you can do me a fiver's worth retrospectively by Paypal count me in Wayne - sorry have been away fro a while! :thumbs:
Al, twas all done and dusted by 3pm today :lol:

The weather gave us a great crowd and a fab day, the £100 was won by one of our Port of Liverpool collection ladies, she was so mortified she handed it back and some stranger got it instead, thanks for all the support, gratefully received and monies raised stay in the North West for our local stations..:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts