Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thinking about this for that last 5 days or so I have come to a very difficult decision.
I am officially resigning from the ARCSA committee and from the club itself.
For the moment any ARCSA related issues can be brought to Frost's attention on the forum, but I will now officially have nothing to do with the club anymore.

At the risk of sounding melodramatic this is breaking my heart and I really wish the club and the committee all the best in their future endeavours.
Last night I symbolically removed all the ARCSA stickers from my cars' windshields......that was really a very emotional moment for me.

This does not affect me being on AlfaOwner however, and I will stay on as moderator on the forum unless you guys want me to hand this over.

Anyway, thats one chapter of my life over and a new one to begin.......

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
May we ask why?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HG, for the moment lets just say that I have a difference of opinion with someone. Generally speaking I personally feel the club must get back to its roots......

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
well, at least your a gentleman about the situation.

Regards

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Sorry to hear it Eric.:( At least we have the pleasure of your knowledge/assistance here on AO :thumbs::cool:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
aaaaah,the Days of our lives saga in ARCSA continues,what i feel Eric is that you should try and explain to us non ARCSA guys why?Obviously something happened...coming from 2 club experiences...people can be poepols and this is something I realised when at 3 ARCSA organised events,if you want Ill devulge into more detail but you are somehow involved Eric,someone said some nasty issshhh to me about you and I was totally flabergasted by this persons view on Eric and his involvement in ARCSA events...if u interested ill tell u what i was told on 2 occasions but ill not tell u whom it is...anyway, these things like ALL social cluvs will have serious politics involved,thus ive opted to stay out....

Eric know how you feel about the club, your dedicationis and will probably be missed...but dont take it so harshly mate WATER UNDER A BRIDGE!

Oh and erm, didnt you give reighns over to Alfi already here on AO???

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guili, you can PM me if you want more info, but I will not ellaborate on a public forum any more than what I posted above.
Oh, both me and Alfi are moderators/regional reps for the moment........ I will however step down if the forum members think I should.....

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Nope AO has nothing to do with ARCSA so there is no reason that you shouldn't be a rep/mod on AO.

I hope ARCSA sorts its issues out...

·
Registered
975 Posts
I find this very sad. You have done so much for the club, and for the future of the club with your AO involvement. Clearly some of the issues raised in the original ARCSA thread came into play in your decision to leave ARCSA.

Tell me, will there be some kind of formal discussion on the issues at the noggin? I, for one, think it is imperative that such a dialogue takes place. It's better to throw a few punches and come out stronger - whichever way you see things! The democratic approach to everything these days suppresses and excludes minorities. Young members are in the minority at the club. I don't have the authority or experience of the older members, but I do have a voice - and my opinion in the club is just as important as a life member's.

Eric, I would really love to have more detail on the reasons why you left. I think all of us do. It's a sad day when such a valuable member of ARCSA packs up and leaves.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys, in the interest of ARCSA, and of AO, I think it is better to leave my reasons "undiscussed" on the forum. My original post is as far as I am willing to elaborate on here.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, Eric. Your discrete, gentlemanly handling of the matter is exemplary. On the upside, you still have your Alfa's...:)

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Eric, like the guys say, the two are seperate. It's sad you've resigned, but PLEASE stay on here, one thing I've learnt on my (very) short time here is: experience is very welcome!!!!
And yours is by far one of the best I've heard...
I understand about the politics, I had them in the last (non-alfa) club I belonged to, it really sucks...
But not to let this detract from your overall passion: Alfa Romeo...
God speed friend...

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
I'd like for Eric to stay on as mod as well. You haven't peeled off your AO stickers yet, have you?:p

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
LOL Hell NO...ERIC aint going NO WHERE i.t.o AO...even if you deed, we'd hack your PC and phone and make AO your homepage!

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
On a serious note though, Eric is right not to do this here, please wait for the Club statement to be released.
Regarding Eric being on AO, we would be very sad to see him leave over an external issue, so can I make a request that he stays, afterall you know you are addicted Eric, we all are!

AO

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Generally speaking I personally feel the club must get back to its roots......
I think this is where lies the problem...

This does not affect me being on AlfaOwner however, and I will stay on as moderator on the forum unless you guys want me to hand this over.

Anyway, thats one chapter of my life over and a new one to begin.......
Although I think this is not ultimately up to us, I do still believe that you should stay as a Reg. Rep/Moderator. I surely would like you to.

You have actively engaged and tried to strengthen this part of the forum. For this I see that its only fair that you continue to carry on in such a respectful manner. I like the fact that you young enough to understand most of us, but also old enough to correct us when were wrong.

I think that you have really tried to try get the old to mix with the new and vice versa. I respect someone that stands up for himself, So Eric, I'll stand with you:thumbs:

PS. I hope its not those VolksWagons wheels....:D

Tell me, will there be some kind of formal discussion on the issues at the noggin? I, for one, think it is imperative that such a dialogue takes place. It's better to throw a few punches and come out stronger - whichever way you see things! The democratic approach to everything these days suppresses and excludes minorities. Young members are in the minority at the club. I don't have the authority or experience of the older members, but I do have a voice - and my opinion in the club is just as important as a life member's.

Eric, I would really love to have more detail on the reasons why you left. I think all of us do. It's a sad day when such a valuable member of ARCSA packs up and leaves.
Well said this.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
On a serious note though, Eric is right not to do this here, please wait for the Club statement to be released.
Regarding Eric being on AO, we would be very sad to see him leave over an external issue, so can I make a request that he stays, afterall you know you are addicted Eric, we all are!

AO
+1 :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Make no mistake.... Mod or not, I will stay on AO..... This is my club now !:thumbs:
And thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it.... one thing only, when you go to the Noggin tomorrow evening, please do not labour this subject, there may still be some bruised egos etc. around.
Actually, I would love to be a fly on the wall.... ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts