Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their electric aerial with a beesting one? Mine is getting seriously intermittent and i dont really like the look of it when its up so rather than replace it i thought i could put on a beesting one ... ive been keeping an eye out and I really like the look of the one on a Honda S2000, its sufficiently small and unobtrusive ... anyone had any experience fitting something like this? i'm worried it'll make the car look a bit merde ...

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
dont put a bee sting one on - remove the elctric aerial get it welded up and put an internal amplified glass aerial on the rear windscreen - this can be hidden by the rear cover in the middle of the parcel shelf - this is wo iv done and it think it works well

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
put an internal amplified glass aerial on the rear windscreen
Yes i did think of that, i had a look on maplins, the only one they do is for a DAB radio so i'd assumed that i couldnt use an internal one. Where did you get it from? is the reception ok?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
What are you using the radio for in the first place? You have a V6!

I would get rid of it entirely, like Trickii, check his pictures it looks really good.

·
Registered
556 Posts
What are you using the radio for in the first place? You have a V6!

I would get rid of it entirely, like Trickii, check his pictures it looks really good.
cheers Jimmer :thumbs:

Williamsdad - the one i got was an internal amplified one which sticks to the window. Its like the maplins ones, if you search on the internet i think jvc do one. REception is generally very good. The only problems i seem to have is on a long journey i may have to keep retuning when im in between populated areas - like in the countryside or something. Most of the aerial sits inside the little cover on the back shelf you can only see a small section of the ends sticking out the sides but this is covered by the black section on the rear window. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts