Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about this for a weird picture? My neighbour took it just over 4 years ago while we were on honeymoon. They heard them buzzing away in our back garden and popped round to take a couple of pics (from a safe distance!) before the buzzed off!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thats only where a queen takes her workers to start a new colony, a bee keeper would find them a hive, and they would happily go to work for him.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
When Bees are swarming (like they are in your pictures) you are very safe ...........

They are simply trying to set up a new colony with their queen :)

V

·
0 Posts
What Acapulco Al said, bees are a wonder, they don't sting unless threatened, they are industrious, pollenate the garden and make honey, YUM!
Spiders are another much-maligned insect (alright then, arachnid), just as wonderful but ugly as hell, in an awesome way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
ACAPULCO AL said:
bees are cool, leave them alone and they'll leave you alone:)
Gotta agree, but wasps petrify me! Im totally crap scared of them, so if anyone sees me running at a zillion paces in a rather random direction at any meets in the future then thats why im being odd!

Im also very allergic to them, the last time i was stung i ended up in hospital! :cry:

I find Bees scary too, but i can live with them as they wont needlessly sting me.... Though i swear they smell my fear and home in on me! Everytime i either see a bee or wasp they make a line for me everytime! :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alfa_156 said:
Gotta agree, but wasps petrify me! Im totally crap scared of them, so if anyone sees me running at a zillion paces in a rather random direction at any meets in the future then thats why im being odd!

Im also very allergic to them, the last time i was stung i ended up in hospital! :cry:

I find Bees scary too, but i can live with them as they wont needlessly sting me.... Though i swear they smell my fear and home in on me! Everytime i either see a bee or wasp they make a line for me everytime! :cry: :cry:
Blimey! What do you do if you see a hornet then? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hornet we had a couple indoors last summer, sound like a helicopter and they are nearly 2 inches long!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Honeymoon :) No pun intended :lol:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Wow, :eek: That is scary, although personally I like bees...I'd still keep my distance though ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
andrew.deackes said:
Blimey! What do you do if you see a hornet then? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hornet we had a couple indoors last summer, sound like a helicopter and they are nearly 2 inches long!
Personally i prefer to remain at least 10 post codes AWAY from any Hornet... A sting from that would kill me! :cry:

A friend was stung by one once, and he was rushed to hospital, nearly killed him, and hes been stung by wasps before now and apart from some discomfort it doesnt bother him...

I tend to stay away from the outside during the day in the summer months, i venture out in the evening once they have settled down. I dont like the heat anyway, so works for me! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts