Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What do you think of beeping car alarms?

• Idiots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pointless

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Oi! Mine beeps! :mad:

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all heard them. The owner flicks their remote and looks around to see who is watching as it beeps to confirm its locked. :rolleyes: Personally the less attention my car gets the better.

Simon

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its looking pretty daunting so far!

I don't see it as a problem but I don't make it beep for the sake of the public. There's not much I can do about it beeping but it doesn't offend me really.

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
i like the beep as it sort of reassures me that it is alarmed and locked :rolleyes: :lol:

and i love to see peoples face when they expect some sales rep with a suit on or a sort of respectable looking person to get into the car and i jump in with me dirty grubby work clothes on and drive off...they must think i have stolen it or something :rolleyes: ......it is comical sometimes :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I wish my TSpark didn't beep, or at least not so loudly, but it does and there's nothing I can do about it.

Having said that, for some reason, it won't lock until quite a while after you've closed the door. As you are about 30 yards away from the car by the time it closes, it's useful to be able to hear that it's locked rather than turn round and stare at it whilst locking it from 30 yards away. People really think you're showing off then.

True to Alfa consistency, you have to hold the remote next to the door on the Cloverleaf for it to lock, so it kind of defeats the object of having one!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Mine beeps. Wanna make something of it??? :mad:

Found out how to make it beep less loudly though, as it was quite loud before. I don't do it for the reaction as people don't seem to be that impressed by an entry level six year old 146. It beeps cos that's what it does.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John Burns said:
Mine beeps. Wanna make something of it??? :mad:

Found out how to make it beep less loudly though, as it was quite loud before. I don't do it for the reaction as people don't seem to be that impressed by an entry level six year old 146. It beeps cos that's what it does.
Lets settle it with a good old drag run!

I fitted the alarm in my car myself so I know exactly how it works and have de-activated the beeping among other things.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Treffynnon said:
Lets settle it with a good old drag run!
Ok, all I need is a 75 3.0 and we're sorted. If anyone wants to give me one pm me.

Optimism isn't a bad thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts