Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been an autoglym fan for years, having used their wheel and getting great results.

I've had a fine fallout layer for a while which has been slowly shifting, but today I bit the bullet and bought Gtechniq W6 fallout remover and by god this stuff is amazing. Simply wet the rims with water then spray on the formula.

I did this at a shell petrol station using the pressure washer to rinse the wheels, now i let the formula to do it's work in the time it took me to buy the code to rinse them off. I've got perfectly clean wheels and I didn't have to use any brushes.

Saturday is full detail day and I've got a good head start on the wheels :smoker:

sadly I didn't get before and after shots, but lets say even though I wash my car very often, the wheels were very mucky.

throughly recommend Gtechniq products :thumbup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi, since you have now discovered the joys of gtechniq have you thought of the C5 wheel sealant? I used it on the wheels of both our cars and am so impressed. It's been on 6 months now and still the wheels come up sparkling with just a wipe with a cloth whilst shampooing the bodywork. In fact the pressure hose -used carefully- gets them clean when rinsing the rest of the car, no need to even wipe.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
After reading rave reviews on Detailing World I invested in Car Chem's Revolt wheel cleaner.

It's brilliant and the addition of the fall out remover combination means the wheels come up a treat.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi, since you have now discovered the joys of gtechniq have you thought of the C5 wheel sealant? I used it on the wheels of both our cars and am so impressed. It's been on 6 months now and still the wheels come up sparkling with just a wipe with a cloth whilst shampooing the bodywork. In fact the pressure hose -used carefully- gets them clean when rinsing the rest of the car, no need to even wipe.
I've heard nothing but great reviews of the C5 sealant, i will use it after i've had the wheel refurb done.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I used AG HD Wax on my newly powder coated rims. Just a wash needed using AG naturally to make them shine again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts