Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Wicked forum, I was so glad to find it...... stumbled across it while doing some web searches on the 147 TI, because I just bought one this week (so excited)

Basically, I've been around Alfas my entire life. My Dad is owns an Alfa Romeo service centre in Sydney and they are his passion - so I guess it's rubbed off onto my family.

Currently, this is what everyone is driving right now:

Dad - 1974 Spider (dark blue) and 1957 Giulietta TI (cream)

Mum - 156 (not sure what year, but the new shape)

Brother - 33 Boxer (white)

Me - Still driving my 33 Boxer (red) at the moment, as the 147 won't arrive until next week - I am so anxious to start driving it, you have no idea!

My first car was a 1983 Sud (red) and it was the best little car ever.

In between the Sud and my 33 I had a Peugeot 206 gti, but let me tell you that it wasn't the same as driving in an Alfa. 206's are a dime a dozen on the roads and I just love the Alfa face on the road - it's so distinctive, as I'm sure you will all agree :cool:

At first I chose Alfas because both my Dad and brother being mechanics and working together, nobody in my family pays a cent for mechanical work, or parts, etc. Considering that Alfas need attention and care, this is a lot of money saved! However, after I sold the Peuget, i realised that they really are like a way of life.

So yes, that is my introduction - sorry if I was rambling!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and welcome !! :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcome to AO :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
A very warm welcome to AO Gia :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PeterWolf said:
So you have half of the Alfas in Sydney :lol:

Welcome Gia :)
LOL I've seen so many over my lifetime.

The first time I ever got behind the wheel was in an old Alfetta - I turned two corners, ran up a gutter and busted two tyres.

Good times........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts